ALPA sues SKYW

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Don Douglas

That was the one person I already talked about, use another example this time only use initals and the persons story. This DD fellow is the only person that can be verified out of 2600 pilots

Basically every person fired from SkyW deserved it.
Really, how did you get access to every employees sealed files, how do you know that they deserved it, what did they do wrong?

We have to get this in perspective. Other than newhires in training, in the 20+ years that I've been here, less than 15 people have gotten fired! And I'm using 15 for fudge factor, in talking it over with a couple of senior guys, we can only come up with 8!

Without a doubt, Newman is a tool, but some of the arguements some pro ALPA people use are just plain stupid.

So SkyWests ASAP program is almost as good as a real ASAP program. It is unfortunate that the SkyWest ASAP program only shelters you from the FAA. You are still left to twist in the wind with the company. Your will face no FAA sanction, but you could face whatever sanction the company chooses, up to and including termination. Please correct me if I am wrong.

You're wrong. You may consider yourself corrected.

How about the Captain that was fired beacause he had to do a gate return as a result of post surgery complications.

If you guys are going to use someone as your poster child for “Don’t let this happen to you, vote ALPA”, then you need to get the facts because this is not what happened. There was more to his termination than simple post surgery complications. You might also say he should have seen the “Writing on the wall” regarding his employment status.

Is he being used as the poster child because he’s not guilty or because of who fired him?

We have to get this in perspective. Other than newhires in training, in the 20+ years that I've been here, less than 15 people have gotten fired! And I'm using 15 for fudge factor, in talking it over with a couple of senior guys, we can only come up with 8!

Without a doubt, Newman is a tool, but some of the arguements some pro ALPA people use are just plain stupid.

You need to try a little harder... try including those who were given a "choice" of resigning or being fired!
P.S. I already gave Newwoman a long list of initials on an old thread of people here that were unfairly terminated but he's too junior to know any of them.

Last edited:
You ALPA people are all the same. You love to put your nice suits, travel from crew room to crew room with free meals and pass along cards.
You love to steer the pot, but that's as far as you will go. Why don't you spend the same effort to represent the poor pilots at Mesa and other carriers? They are already paying their 2%. Why don't you sued JO? Believe me, there is a lot of things that Mesa can be sued for.

Tell me 5 things that ALPA would bring to Skywest that would benefit the pilot group.

Now, tell me if you have those 5 things at other regionals that ALPA currently represents like Comair, Mesa, ASA, etc.

And finally, if ALPA wasn't able to get those things at other carriers, what makes you think it will happen at SKYW?

I love to hear these ALPA supporters, thinking ALPA will come down and tell management we need a pay raise, more days off, better block, etc, and things will happen. Just like they have happened for all the other regionals they represent.

Have your parents ever told you that you lead by example? Once you start showing me that your theory really works, and that things are improving for the companies you already represent, then I might listen. I have no confidence in all the bullsh*t you write in your cards.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back