• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ALPA sues SKYW

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You know the reason that some people pretend to be "fence sitters" is to make it through a 4 day drip without getting slammed with alpa propaganda.

Seems like claiming to be a fence sitter would be asking for someone to present their views to you. If you don't want to talk about it, it would probably be better to just tell the person you are flying with that you are not interested.

Me on the other hand will just tell someone preaching to STFU.

I would not advise that. Perhaps a little courtesy might help your cause.

I have been an alpa member, you guys have not.

Don't speak for me, Chief. I have been an ALPA member, and found it agreeable. I, along with many others will be voting for representation when the time comes. Hopefully enough people will vote for ALPA. We shall see.

It wont happen again.

Does this mean if ALPA is elected, you will leave? It does seem as though SkyWEST has a bit of an east infection. Will you be returning to PDT?

I think that JAs scare tatics is what has done this.

scare tactics? Please if anyone is using scare tactics it is ALPA/ the OC. Trying to scare us out of using the ASAP program. Trying to scare us into thinking we will be fired without cause. Trying to scare us into thinking if we lose our medical we won't get it back without ALPA. It has been a blissful 35 years without a union. I am looking forward to another 35 years of ignorance. Ignorance is bliss after all therefore it will be a wonderful 35 more years of being union free. The only bad part is im sure there will always be some sort of union drive here.

scare tactics? Please if anyone is using scare tactics it is ALPA/ the OC. Trying to scare us out of using the ASAP program. Trying to scare us into thinking we will be fired without cause. Trying to scare us into thinking if we lose our medical we won't get it back without ALPA. It has been a blissful 35 years without a union. I am looking forward to another 35 years of ignorance. Ignorance is bliss after all therefore it will be a wonderful 35 more years of being union free. The only bad part is im sure there will always be some sort of union drive here.
You are right, you are ignorant, dumber than a box full of rocks.
Oh well you will be selected out of the line up when you go to upgrade(after most of the ASA F/Os).
PBR

scare tactics? Please if anyone is using scare tactics it is ALPA/ the OC. Trying to scare us out of using the ASAP program.
ASAP is a wonderful program and you should never stop using it if it is necessary. However, the Skywest ASAP program does not contain language protecting the pilots from company discipline for information submitted. It protects you from the FAA, not from SKYW. This is the exact part of the language that ASA is attempting to get and it is the reason that they currently do not have an ASAP program because their company won't agree to the language.

HellowNewman said:
Trying to scare us into thinking we will be fired without cause.
Pilots are fired at SKYW at a much higher rate than at companies with a union. No scare tactic, just fact.

HelloNewman said:
Trying to scare us into thinking if we lose our medical we won't get it back without ALPA.
Nobody is saying you won't be able to get your medical back, but the process is easier when you have a group of doctors who know the ins and outs of the FAA Medical Certification Review process. ALPA also provides loss of license insurance as an added coverage to help support you while you go through the process which can take months.

I don't view this as the "World is Falling Scare Tactic," I view this as the OC pointing out areas where Skywest Pilots are vulnerable and can potentially benefit from having a union on the property.

Pilots are fired at SKYW at a much higher rate than at companies with a union. No scare tactic, just fact.

Fact? Has every airline provided you with numbers or percentages of pilots fired (and the circumstances)? You seem to be implying that anyone fired at a non-union airline didn't deserve to be. I'd like you to tell me one instance of someone being fired at SkyWest who was just arbitrarily let go.

Fact? Has every airline provided you with numbers or percentages of pilots fired (and the circumstances)? You seem to be implying that anyone fired at a non-union airline didn't deserve to be. I'd like you to tell me one instance of someone being fired at SkyWest who was just arbitrarily let go.

That is the problem of all the people that have been justly fired they can only give me one name out of 2500 pilots that they say was not. I do not know both sides of the story and the lawsuit is not finished yet. Basically every person fired from SkyW deserved it. ALPA just wants everyone to have the security blanket of knowing getting someone who deserves to be fired fired takes an act of god.

ASAP has saved lots of careers and people who have filled them out are fully protected if the report is sole source. If the report is not sole source then discipline can be used however the company is more than fair about issues they know people make mistakes.

ski bum said:
I don't view this as the "World is Falling Scare Tactic," I view this as the OC pointing out areas where Skywest Pilots are vulnerable and can potentially benefit from having a union on the property.

So why do they harp of how many people have been fired without telling the reasons for it? Again I have only been able to come up with ONE person. They are trying to use this as a selling point, ignoring the fact that people that have been fired deserved it. They want you to think that the pilots have been fired because management simply didnt like them. If they truly wanted to show the facts they would give reasons that people got fired without using names. Then they would say what ALPA could or couldnt do. The problem is this would turn people off even more to the union as ALPA seems to spend a lot of time defending people that should have been fired long ago.

Basically every person fired from SkyW deserved it.

I would imagine it took a heavy toll on your social life to review all of the terminations. I applaud your research abilities. Did BH give you access to the termination records, or was it JA?

ASAP has saved lots of careers and people who have filled them out are fully protected if the report is sole source. If the report is not sole source then discipline can be used however the company is more than fair about issues they know people make mistakes.

So SkyWests ASAP program is almost as good as a real ASAP program. It is unfortunate that the SkyWest ASAP program only shelters you from the FAA. You are still left to twist in the wind with the company. Your will face no FAA sanction, but you could face whatever sanction the company chooses, up to and including termination. Please correct me if I am wrong.

I'd like you to tell me one instance of someone being fired at SkyWest who was just arbitrarily let go.

How about the Captain that was fired beacause he had to do a gate return as a result of post surgery complications.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back