• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ALPA loses at Skywest

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
i don't want to contribute to the flame here but it really pisses me off that skywest flies those 70 seaters for 50 seat rates and now there's nothing they can do about it. i know alpa's not perfect but it's better than that.

Nobodys gonna leave SKW on that account alone. So quit lickin yer lips junior- your shiny jet upgrade ain't comin any faster.

Exskydiverdrivr
I have been capt. for awhile! Thx ..

Gojet/Mesa pilots...=Skywest pilots

Way to go. I guess you all really are happy being a bunch of coat tail riding scabs. Good luck on your career at SkyWest Airlines.

Dang, you really came out swinging on that one, John. :) Remember, 35% of these guys voted "YES," so I can't really feel comfortable labeling the entire group. A significant minority of the pilot group has their heads on straight.

Dang, you really came out swinging on that one, John. :) Remember, 35% of these guys voted "YES," so I can't really feel comfortable labeling the entire group. A significant minority of the pilot group has their heads on straight.

You do have a point... but it doesn't make me feel any better.

You do have a point... but it doesn't make me feel any better.

I know what you mean. This was my second loss in the last couple of months. First Colgan, now Skywest. I started working the Skywest drive almost a year ago. I hate to see it go down like this.

How do you think it makes those of us feel who have been here for multiple failed drives(especially after we put in lots of time and effort for nothing)????

Terrible. I'd leave.

Nobodys gonna leave SKW on that account alone. So quit lickin yer lips junior- your shiny jet upgrade ain't comin any faster.

Exskydiverdrivr
I have been capt. for awhile! Thx ..

Gojet/Mesa pilots...=Skywest pilots

Doesn't raise my opinion of you. You like so many other union bashers will go to a union major, run to the front of the line , thump your chest and demand all those damned regionals either get with the program (alpa) or go away. BTW with what 4300 hrs- you haven't been a captain that long...

On a positive note, I'm glad pookie knows the difference between "loses" and "looses" in the title. Nothing more frustration than having to read 3rd grade spelling errors.

Ya, I can't stand it when people don't know the difference between frustrating and frustration........ I mean loses and looses![/quote]

Oops...guess that's what I get for that comment. Karma's a bitch. :)

Good grief.
"Good luck on your career at SkyWest Airlines"?

One of your pilot recruiters, acting in his professional capacity, told me with conviction "This is a career airline." So which is it? If SkyWest is the Garden of Freaking Eden why would anybody ever wan't to leave?

Who knew paradise could be found in SGU?

Latest resources

Back