ALPA loses at Skywest

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I hope they don't shut up!

I HOPE THAT ANYONE THAT VOTED NO DOESN'T EVER B!TCH ABOUT ANYTHING THAT SKYWEST DOES EVER AGAIN YOU BAFOONS!

YOU JUST SENT A LOUD CLEAR MESSAGE TO MANAGEMENT THAT A 1% RAISE FOR 2/3 OF THE PILOT GROUP AND ZERO FOR THE REST IS ACCEPTABLE YOU MORONS! Brad and all the other cronies are laughing their a$$es off at you tonight! IDIOTS!

Just think of the fun they will have with all of their wives tonight.

Amen to that.
I don't ever want to hear a skywest guy get on here and complain because JA changed the name of the game and he will.
He can do whatever he wants and you cannot say a damn thing or get fired. hmm great company huh.
I know that there are at least 2 firings a month at skywest, think alpa would save their jobs, I do!!!

I suggest you change the thread title to....

"SKYW Loses ALPA Representation"

ALPA was not the loser here.

Spoken like an ALPA true believer..... ALPA has been losing for quite some time..... just some of you refuse to admit it.....

Ya! I hope you all don't take a paycut now since management knows they have you all by the
ba!!s.

This is no surprise to many of us.... ALPA has done nothing to stop the whipsaw and many ALPA carriers are the low bidders.....

The Skywest pilots have it good and don't want to risk what they have..... I don't blame them......

ALPA needs to stop the whipsaw within these "portfolios"..... or they will continue to lose....

Those of us at ASA now need to give serious consideration to leaving ALPA and joining with the Skywest pilots....

Amen to that.
I don't ever want to hear a skywest guy get on here and complain because JA changed the name of the game and he will.
He can do whatever he wants and you cannot say a damn thing or get fired. hmm great company huh.
I know that there are at least 2 firings a month at skywest, think alpa would save their jobs, I do!!!

So you have 20 names of terminated employees so far this year. Uh huh. And along with those names..you have evidence to support their wrongful termination too. Because, as you said, you know.

This is exactly the kind of BS that turned me off of ALPA. You can ask my roommates and classmates...I was squarely in ALPA's corner until I started talking with the OC reps in SLC and reading the garbage some of you post. Scare tactics and "he said, she said" gossip. Totally screwed up facts and stories trying to scare me into voting.

You want to know why ALPA failed...because of the people like those on this forum that are representing them. Read the posts. Name calling, threatening, BS-ing. Yeah..I want you people representing me.
YOU are the reason ALPA failed at SkyWest.

Implying that I didn't ask questions, didn't do any research, didn't pay attention, don't care. Referring to me as a scab, idiot, cronie, moron, bafoon.
YOU are the reason ALPA failed at SkyWest.

All of you chest thumping ALPA minions that have nothing intelligent or reasonable to say to me in support of your organization...go look in the mirror...YOU are the reason ALPA failed at SkyWest.

W

Dubya,
I can understand the sentiment but that kind of thinking only hurts yourself in the long run. You have to look past that and truly look at the big picture.

Dubya,
I can understand the sentiment but that kind of thinking only hurts yourself in the long run. You have to look past that and truly look at the big picture.

I see...now you are suddenly reasonable and small typed because you and those like you got called out. You rant in huge type and call people names then tell me that I have to look past the type of representation that ALPA is for some "big picture"?

Maybe you know of the SAN EMB120 FO who when you go up to introduce yourself and say hi...doesn't acknowledge you, doesn't ask your name or introduce herself...just shoves a card in your face and asks "filled one of these out yet". Happened to me 3 times...never recognized me, never asked me my name.

Maybe you know of the story of the 120 FO that didn't get through IOE...I know it up close and personal...yet an OC member tried to tell me all about it and had his "facts" so jacked up that I just said "excuse me" and ended the conversation.

You see...I did my homework..I researched, I asked hard questions and got lame answers. I talked with my classmates from a year ago, I talked with other crewmembers. I am just as concerned as you are.

I will spare you more details of my personal thoughts and ultimate decision because as so many of you have so eloquently stated...I don't matter. Just shut up and give your 2% because you don't get it.

You had your chance to help me "get it". YOU failed

W

I see...now you are suddenly reasonable and small typed because you and those like you got called out. You rant in huge type and call people names then tell me that I have to look past the type of representation that ALPA is for some "big picture"?

You had your chance to help me "get it". YOU failed

W

You didn't call me out on a damn thing! I started writing small because I am using up a lot of space! You didn't call me out on anything!

If you make a huge decision like this based on emotion....sounds like you have a personal problem. You hosed yourself and put yourself at the mercy of your managment. The same management that gave ZERO, ZIP, ZILCH, NADA to some of their most senior pilots! If that didn't open people's eyes, nothing will.

Furthermore, I don't work at Skywest so I didn't FAIL at anything. I also don't work at an ALPA carrier so get your facts straight Holmes.

A majority of pilots can see that ALPA is a failure..... only you cheerleaders can't see that.....

ALPA will never win another regional election if it doesn't get a hold of the whipsaw/portfolio/regional issue.......

How does Alpa stop the Whipsaw when Non Alpa carriers pop up all the time working for less money?

Am I wrong or was it Comair(ALPA) that got the first good contract for regional jets?

Hell Mesa's contract wasn't bad untill they had to give every work rule, duty/trip rig and pay back to merge Freedumb a non alpa to thier list.

Just curious how do you think your own TA was effected by your non-union sister company? Couldn't hit a homerun on 70 seat rates if Skywest was flying them for less now could you!!!

Do you think TSA lost cause of Gauxjunk?

It's not ALPA's job to stop the whipsaw it's up to us as professionals to stop cutting eachothers throats and get paid respectively for the day to day responsibility we endure.

When negotiating contracts ALPAS hands are tired by the lowest bidder!!!

Latest resources

Back