• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ALPA/401k revisited

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Can anyone defend why ALPA needs more dues? Have they earned it? Has the President taken a paycut?

Perhaps anyone one of the ALPA delegates from the appropriate BOD that voted for the resolution that authorized the compensation package...can.

It's easier to tax a second year regional FO more than for the President to take a paycut.....

Once agian, the Board of Directors who voted on ALPA President compensation will vote on the 401k/dues structure...

The Board of Directors are elected by the very members that may or may not be effected by this new dues structure. Traditionally, about 1/3 of said members bother to particapte in democractic elections for the BOD members.

Kinda hard to ask a second year FO to pay more while the President of ALPA makes over $400,000 per year plus gets an ALPA pension plan....

A member will be effected by this via a represenative, that there is a 2/3 chance that said member didn't bother to particapte to vote for...

How's that for misrepresentational democracy...

May the members rise to fend for themselves and ensure the will of the people....

This fall is another one of those pesky and annoying Board of Directors meetings.

Do the ALPA National officers still get their brand new Luxury automobile every 2 years on our dime? Time to start trimming some of the fat in ALPA. WAY too much thriftless spending going on and we all know it.

Do the ALPA National officers still get their brand new Luxury automobile every 2 years on our dime? Time to start trimming some of the fat in ALPA. WAY too much thriftless spending going on and we all know it.

ALPA President gets a Lincoln Town Car.....

Just like govt.....easier to raise taxes than to cut fat.....

ALPA President gets a Lincoln Town Car.....

Could he afford a Lincoln on his CAL pay?

What should he wear to Congressional testimony? Wrangler jeans and shop shirt with his name embroidered?

Just like govt.....easier to raise taxes than to cut fat.....

Just like gov't.... the voters don't vote yet they expect the elected to know what they want...

Face it... democracy is dead.... members want the benefits but they don't want to work for it, let alone vote...... easier to blame those one didn't bother to vote for...

Could he afford a Lincoln on his CAL pay?

What should he wear to Congressional testimony? Wrangler jeans and shop shirt with his name embroidered?

Just like gov't.... the voters don't vote yet they expect the elected to know what they want...

Face it... democracy is dead.... members want the benefits but they don't want to work for it, let alone vote...... easier to blame those one didn't bother to vote for...

Does he need a brand new Town Car? Also, it doesn't take a $400K salary to look sharp in front of congress and I'm sure they could care less about what kind of vehicle he pulls up in.

Last edited:
Face it... democracy is dead..

I wish you were right....Constitutional Republic is a better way to go....Mob rule can be dangerous....yet democratic.....Haven't we had this debate before?

Does he need a brand new Town Car?

Nope. If bothers you so much then raise the issue thru the democratic process.

Also, it doesn't take a $400K salary to look sharp in front of congress and I'm sure they could care less about what kind of vehicle he pulls up in.

Can you reference the 400K value?

Should he expense his suits? Our uniforms are....

Pay based on average book rates, top three ALPA carriers $295,816 ($298.19/hr at 82.67 hours per month)

Presidential Override at 26% of above $76,912

Total Base Compensation $372,728

National Officer Service Allowance 2003 (adjusted for CPI) $40,000

Total Pay $412,728

Pension 5% per year of service, max 60% of Total Base Compensation, providing for single premium annuity commencing at age 55 or termination of office whichever is later. 8 yrs service = 40% X $372,728 = $149,091.20 per year. 12 years service = 60% X $372,728 = $223,636.80 per year.

If the National Officer maintains a primary residence outside the Washington DC area and has not received a relocation allowance, shall be eligible to receive a national Officer Dislocation Allowance. President, Housing Incumbent $4,500 (New $5,750) per month. Meals $1,500 per month. Travel & Incidental $1,500 per month.

Automobiles, President- new Lincoln LS or similar cost American/North American made automobile every two years. All costs including aquisition costs(lease or purchase), maintenance, insurance, tags and vehicle related taxes are to be paid by the Association.

ALPA Board of Directors Considers Constitution Change

Starting July 28, the ALPA Board of Directors will be voting on a change to the ALPA Constitution and By-Laws. If approved by two-thirds of the BOD, this change would make all pilot salary deferrals to 401(k) pension plans subject to dues. This would replace existing policy—currently pilot contributions to 401(k) plans are exempt from dues only if the 401(k) is the pilot’s only pension plan—and would both clarify ALPA policy and ensure that it applies consistently to members across the Association. The proposed revision was strongly endorsed by the Executive Council and Executive Board. Please watch this video outlining why this vote matters to all ALPA members.

An inaccurate statement on your part and only shows your lack of information on the issue. You are not aloof are you? :)

Rez, I am not going to engage you like to others, because it is painfully obvious that your inflated sense of self prohibits you from hearing any viewpoint other then your own. So there's really no point in debating with someone who can never be wrong. Go ahead and chalk it up to my "inexperience" in this industry and with the issues, or my "aloofness", seeing as you know so much about me and all... You know, because since I just signed up in March I must be new to the industry, right? :rolleyes:

Go ahead and fix ALPA for everybody. We're all counting on you.

Smooches
~BOX

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back