• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ALPA/401k revisited

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Ya know, Rez...the more tired rhetoric you spew, the more you sound like a communist. And, I would know a commie when I see one, since I'm "Un-American" and all.

ok.. let's stop the rhetoric.. and talk principles...

What do you think of OO pilots that will use CREW PASS that ALPA got the TSA to take off the back burner and make it happen?

Hypocritical?

No big deal?

Last edited:
ok.. let's stop the rhetoric.. and talk principles...

What do you think of OO pilots that will use CREW PASS that ALPA got the TSA to take off the back burner and make it happen?

Hypocritical?

No big deal?

Do you think SWA and AA and USAPA will too?

Again your response must be in the form of a question!

Do you think SWA and AA and USAPA will too?

Again your response must be in the form of a question!

Did SWAPA (its SWAPA not SWA) and the APA (its APA not AA) have the opportunity to join ALPA and be a part of the profession...??

In addition, don't flatter yourself and compare the OO burka boys to the professionals of SWAPA and APA. Are there any in house regional unions?

As far as USAPA... the only thing they were able to do so far is jump into the inflatable life raft... I don't see any progress made...

You like USAPA? How they operate and what they stand for?

Now back to CREW PASS... I would guess that if successful, all pilots will have to go through in such a manner... thus once again, the OO skilled labor that flies airplanes will leach off the hard work and dues money of the professionals....

Last edited:
Even a blind squirrel finds a nut every once and awhile.........CrewPass is fine and dandy......but it doesn't justify an increase in dues while the ALPA President makes almost 400K per year and the former ALPA President makes 150K a year in ALPA pension.

This combined with the splintered factions within ALPA that have to compete for flying and the total disaster of scope and mergers......

The cheerleaders like to find the few diamonds in the rough....not many to find.....

AIR LINE PILOTS ASSOCIATION, INTERNATIONAL
105Th REGULAR EXECUTIVE COUNCIL MEETING

August 19−21, 2008

SUBJECT
ALPA, International, Employee Pay and Expense Cap

SOURCE
Vice President-Finance/Treasurer Randy Helling (05/08 EXCL, AI #2)

BACKGROUND INFORMATION
The majority of ALPA pilots have made extreme concessions and suffered major pension loss. Some ALPA, International, employees have very generous pay and expense packages.

At the January 2008 Executive Council meeting, the NWA MEC submitted a resolution requesting that the issue of ALPA Employee Pay and Expenses be capped and/or indexed according to ALPA pilot
pay.

At the direction of the Executive Council, the President established a subcommittee to study ALPA employee, including management, compensation programs. After the subcommittee reported at the May 2008 meeting, they were directed to present a written report to the Council at its August meeting, whose findings will be reported to the ALPA membership.

PROPOSED RESOLUTION
1 To be developed.

What do you mean at national? This was voted on by the reps of all ALPA carriers. This includes all the regional carriers.

ALPA National. That's exactly what I was saying. All the reps got to vote at the national level for this national issue. "National" because it affects all of us.

God bless the folks who voted down this trash. EGL held their ground.

I made my voice clear on this subject long ago and I'm pleased that my Rep voted NO.

I can tell you if you didn't voice your opinion here at TSA your vote was counted as a YES vote.

It still FAILED

I heard this issue is not dead. As National has plans to have another vote on this at the BOD meeting later this year

Latest resources

Back