• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AirTran MEC Chair message.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Waveflyer, DOH would have been fair. DOH would have put me next to former coworkers who were the same age and experience level as me when we happened to go to different airlines. Now I am junior to former students and FO's with much less experience.

I'm so annoyed with the clowns on AAI side of the fence complaining. You clowns elected a bunch of chumps who voted down AIP1 which protected your seat, base, pay, etc. When it was time to send emails you were silent or on wrong side of the argument. You said we should be willing to lose our jobs to fight for seniority, now you can't handle losing a seat. You should have been involved or taken a self inventory two years ago.

We got swiltALPAed. Happens every time. SWAPA guys should shut up also. You guys didn't do anything. I guess you cheered for GK. I cheer for my sports team but at the end of the game I don't brag about how I scored the winning touchdown.

Man this thread is still burning up. There is no putting water on the fire in some people's minds. When I was in Atlanta yesterday I remembered why there is a difference between SWA and AAI. ATL is the best example for the difference between the two companies. If all pilot matrix are the same, SWA is still a much better airline and company. It is what it is.

Hey, I'm just stating the facts, SWA did what every other airline has done. you guys just don't like hearing the truth. The truth is your airline is just like the rest, no better, no worse. And NO SWA pilot that was hired prior to the announment sept 27 2010 Was stapled. 400 AT pilots were stapled behind them. Then it goes by DOH. Which is fine because airtran only had one class after the announcement.That's the problem over there, most of you guy don't even know what you voted on.

And as a former military guy ( not pilot ) DOH is the only fair way to combine. I cant screw my fellow coworkers for personal gain. Sorry but I've never been jealous of others, and that is the root of any seniority fight.

We know exactly what we voted on. We consider those "hired" in the pool to be SWA pilots. Those were the ones that I was referring to. DOH, really. So if AT went out and bought (insert regional airline here) you would be clammoring for DOH. I doubt it. DOH is only fair to those who gain because they were at a smaller company.

DOH works in the military because you are working for the same company just different departments. If the USA bought the Mexican army, I doubt DOH would be the "fair" seniority plan.

BTW, SWA is just like every other airline. We do our best to protect what we have and try not to give it away just because someone thinks they deserve it. Adios amigo....

Last edited:
When it was time to send emails you were silent or on wrong side of the argument.

Which category were you in ?

Didn't you vote when these "clowns" were elected ? Or did you sit on your thumb thinking happy thoughts until Gary produced his 'LUV Gun'.

Latest resources

Back