• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AirTran MEC Chair message.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Sorry guy but I do feel for you over there. It is what it is. Frankly anything could happen.

I do know this though the more sh!t you flinge the more you will get
on yourself.

As far as it not "working like that" your referring to a made up scenario any way. Feel for you but reality is reality and the moment you guys rejected that first TA it was OVER. Filing a grievance or sueing southwest will only make it worse for you.

Last edited:
Sorry guy but I do feel for you over there. It is what it is. Frankly anything could happen.
It could, which is why I don't leave any stone un-turned. As Contract Compliance, our job is to enforce the contract. If a company has made a business decision that's in violation of the contract, we fix it if possible, and if not we get as much as possible for the membership as possible given the circumstances that's within reason. Period. That's what ANY Contract Compliance committee does. Yours included.

As far as it not "working like that" your referring to a made up scenario any way.
Ummmm, no we're not. It's a very real contract violation. The attorneys agree. And a grievance will be filed if it goes down like it appears to be working out.

Feel for you but reality is reality and the moment you guys rejected that first TA it was OVER. Filing a grievance or sueing southwest will only make it worse for you.
If you're inferring that it's OK for you to file a grievance over a sticker on a plane but it's not OK for us to file a grievance over our own Scope violation, I think that's pretty hypocritical.

We aren't advocating some crazy job action; we're acting within the scope and allowance of the Railway Labor Act. We will do what we need to do, try to work with management to find a solution in the mean time, and we will still come to work, do our jobs, take care of the passengers, and come home to our families.

Life will go on... just relax and see what management and the Association can work out. No reason to get hostile, just as we didn't get hostile about the "sticker violation". Just chill and have a frosty beverage. :)

Speaking of the 'Sticker Greivance', I believe the result was that the company put up matching funds for Ronald McDonald House van purchases (I'm not sure how many new vans were bought, but it was more than a few). It was a differenent way to handle a straight forward greivance for sure. I think if SWAPA had demanded XX,XXX thousand dollars for each pilot then it would have gotten ugly quickly and we most likely would still be trying to hammer out a resolution with the company.

Guy I am relaxed and not hostile. I'm top half of the list.

You going to Delta is a made up scenario. Go for it though and ask, maybe it will work out. It would be better for the guys at southwest no doubt. But seriously, Delta is not going to go for it. You really think they will??:confused:

Go file a grievance! Just remember the more poop you fling the more you will get on yourself. Thought u would have learned something after TA1 but maybe not. I would not put want to piss southwest off while you are not on the list and all the while asking to go with the planes. See my first post for a possible scenario for what might happen.

Guy I feel nothing good about this and if it was me u would be on southwest pay. Don't know what to tell you honestly. I feel bad but even

Good luck to u!

Last edited:
Nope. Read the seniority integration agreement. Every AirTran pilot is on the Southwest Airlines pilot master seniority list.

Why can't some SW guys just say " yeah you AirTran guys are being screwed". Is it that hard? There MGT made this and it is time to start defending what little we have left. Some SW guys are so concerened what we get when they just got 300 plus more CA seats. Also Heard the ramp in ATL will all be outsourced on the AirTran side to make all the rampers relocated to have a job. Talk about forcing people to quit but they have a job right? Hope it's not true but it sounds exactly how SW works. Just look at the FA deal.

Lear 70.... You actually think its going to happen? Give me odds?
Odds? I didn't stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night... ;)

That said, do I think they worked out a deal for us to go with the planes?

No. They were supposed to, but I don't think they did.

Do I think they will work out a deal for us to go with the planes with any kind of seniority?

No.

Beyond that, I'll leave it up to the CCC Chair and MEC; it's well above my pay grade. I know what I'd be asking for in a grievance settlement, and I think it would make everyone happy all around, but that's a negotiating committee (which I'm not involved with anymore) and CCC Chair/MEC Chair issue to work out. I'll give them my solution proposal and if it's used, whole or in part, great. If not, hey, I gave my .02 cents and will live with whatever they work out.

That's the process we have, for better or worse.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back