• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AirTran MEC Chair message.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
No, most want the 717s. They will take back a lot of regional routes when the 200 50 seat RJs are parked, if the TA passes.

Bye Bye---General Lee

I think Puddle posted before he read my responses.

Obviously the Delta pilots wouldn't want the AAI pilots with binding arbitration, why would they? Doesn't change the fact that it's in our CBA that the pilots go with that many planes.

We'll see what happens, but realistically-speaking, I'm not holding my breath. ;)

I think Puddle posted before he read my responses.

Obviously the Delta pilots wouldn't want the AAI pilots with binding arbitration, why would they? Doesn't change the fact that it's in our CBA that the pilots go with that many planes.

We'll see what happens, but realistically-speaking, I'm not holding my breath. ;)

Isn't it more accurate to say that it's in your CBA that SWA has to negotiate for the pilots to go with the planes?

Isn't it more accurate to say that it's in your CBA that SWA has to negotiate for the pilots to go with the planes?
Yes. That would be more accurate.

And for some reason I realized when you posted earlier, I thought you were the General when I said "that's the first time I've agreed with you in a while"... sorry, get busy typing responses and forget who posted what. My bad. :)

Does it say how successful or what that out come had or has to be? They negotiate, DAL says no thanks SWA says ok. Negotiations complete. What is the definition of "commercial best effort"?

No, most want the 717s. They will take back a lot of regional routes when the 200 50 seat RJs are parked, if the TA passes.

Bye Bye---General Lee

I'll bet you six months off FI, that not only will the 717's be doing traditional mainline routes, so will all those shiny new -900's.

Got it. I've heard a rumor that some AAI FAs have had some issues with the training in Dallas. (up to and including termination). Anyone heard the same?

And for the record, I had a AAI FA worked very hard to help me stay on the plane after the gate agents were pulling me. She went above and beyond to help me and I was very grateful. The gate agents were kinda clueless but it all worked out in the end......also thanks to a DH AAI pilot.

Red,

This isn't true. Every FA passed in the first class that went through. I think it is more wishful thinking that is causing these rumors.

That's very true. Sad to see some SW people hoping for AAI failure. Why else would these false rumors start.

here is something I have not read on this, why on Earth would Delta want pilots with the planes? To them, that has absolutely nothing to do with the 717. The pilots are SWA's problem, why would they even consider that? I think DAL taking pilots is a dream scenario for some ATN guys, but not realistic at all. Why would they even open that can of worms?

BTW, I am a glass half full guy, and still think that in the end it will be ok. I didn't say great, I said ok. But until we get to that point (guessing 2015 sometime), it will hurt especially for the Airtran guys since they are the ones going through the most change. Change isn't easy for anyone, and just like SWA bought ATN, someone else can come along and buy SWA. Stranger things have happened.... MORAL OF THE STORY: ENJOY THE JOURNEY, NOT THE DESTINATION BECAUSE IT CAN GET WORSE FOR ANYONE AND EVERYONE AT A MOMENTS NOTICE. We have jobs....we all have jobs...start there.

What he is really saying is that our glass should always be half full too. However, his glass is a lot bigger than my glass. I agreed with this a long time ago before this merger. Some of the Cinderellas' are starting to realize this, hence the problem the older guys are having with the young punks over at SWA.

You need to lower your expectations like I have. In fact the whole country needs to do this. Delusions of grandure. Hard work has not been valued in this country. Just the easy buck and quick money with living beyond our means except for me. I didn't fall for the nonsense. Stock Market. What a joke. Retirement = less life longevity. 90+% of the world works till they drop. So should you. You will live longer because of it ;)

Last edited:
I didn't start the rumor guys, just heard it on line. The FA training is completely different here than most places. It's is very, very easy to get sent home. One small hicup and your gone. They actual weed them out there because they get a close up personal interaction with the students day in and day out. Completely different dynamic than with the pilots. We don't have that type of scrunity that they do. I'm not wishing anything bad on anyone.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back