• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
DelusionLast updated 2 days ago

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jump to: navigation, search
This article is about the psychiatric condition. For the concept in Eastern spirituality, see Delusion (spirituality).
"Delusionism" redirects here. For Wikipedia delusionism (also known as "inletionism"), see meta:delusionism.
See also: Delusional disorder
DelusionClassification and external resourcesICD-10F22ICD-9297MeSHD003702A delusion is a belief held with strong conviction despite superior evidence to the contrary.[1] Unlike hallucinations, delusions are always pathological (the result of an illness or illness process).[1] As a pathology, it is distinct from a belief based on false or incomplete information, dogma, poor memory, illusion, or other effects of perception.
Delusions typically occur in the context of neurological or mental illness, although they are not tied to any particular disease and have been found to occur in the context of many pathological states (both physical and mental). However, they are of particular diagnostic importance in psychotic disorders including schizophrenia, paraphrenia, manic episodes of bipolar disorder, and psychotic depression.

There are so many stupid rumors out there. All you have to do is stand in the galley and listen to the gibber jabber. In the last week, the husband of the A FA who is a Provo agent said the FAA grounded all the 800s. In the same conversation I heard the engines are bad on the 800s and we won't go ETOPS.

If you talk to the chief pilot types they are selling all the growth with a flat fleet. How it doesn't make sense to take 800s now that the Max is soon to follow, when the same data was available last fall when the announcement was made.

As for what is happening between AAI and SWA there is a mix of anger and giddiness in whatever happens. A few years ago AAI was on their own, and SWA put the brakes on growth. Now the two families are purging the excess and trying to move in together. There are a moments in this process that suck for both sides. In the end SWA has the bigger house, and the AAI side will just be a picture in the photo album, or a keepsake in an office. The same thing went for other companies in the past.

That's up to an arbitrator to decide.

I'm still hoping we can find a mutually agreeable solution without it getting that far, and I'm not talking about vans for Ronald McDonald house. Something of actual value to offset the hits we keep taking.

It would be a great start to our relationship with Southwest management if they worked with us on this rather than the old school grievance arbitration relationship.

Remaining optimistic.

In the end SWA has the bigger house, and the AAI side will just be a picture in the photo album, or a keepsake in an office.

We'd like a tan and teal shrine that smells of 40 year old DC9s with a picture of Elton John and a continuous loop of Mark on a plane.

I'm still hoping we can find a mutually agreeable solution without it getting that far, and I'm not talking about vans for Ronald McDonald house. Something of actual value to offset the hits we keep taking.

It would be a great start to our relationship with Southwest management if they worked with us on this rather than the old school grievance arbitration relationship.

Remaining optimistic.

Yes, you've always been more optimistic than I have. :)

Frankly, Southwest management has done nothing but disappoint in this entire process from day one. I've come to expect nothing but the worst possible behavior from them, so I expect nothing different in this case. Hopefully they prove me wrong eventually, but I won't be holding my breath.

I've been trying to catch up on this topic, but this a pretty long thread already. What happens if some of the AT pilots do go to Delta, will there be another transition bid? If so, what about the guys that have already transitioned? I realize that they are now represented by SWAPA, but I would imagine some of them would like the choice as well.

All of those are questions that would have to be worked out. Again, I doubt anyone is going to Delta, though. I think this is heading in the direction of a grievance or a negotiated settlement.

Latest resources

Back