• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AirTran MEC Chair message.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Here This should help you get a jumpstart on your buddies.

JobsOnline
  • Already have an account? Login

• Assistant Restaurant Manager, Sonic Drive In
  • Skating Carhops & Crew Members, Sonic Drive-In

Email address
Re-type email address
Create Password (4-12 characters)
Please keep JobsOnline free. Show me ads unique to my background while I navigate the site.
First name
Last name
Country of residence
Street address
City
State
Zip code
Primary phone number
Secondary phone number
Date of birth
help.gif

What is the highest level of education you have completed?
Keep me informed! Please make the information I supply to JobsOnline available to employers, recruiters, education advisors and leading companies so I can receive current information about job opportunities, job training, the right career path, special offers and more. See JobsOnline's privacy policy.

By keeping the above box checked and clicking Next, I consent to have a representative from Career Advisor call me at the number above to discuss educational opportunities.
Explore your opportunities. Prepare for a possible exciting new career.
By checking this box, I consent to be called by an Advisor at the phone number provided to discuss educational opportunities.

I still think it is by design that SWA is just going to miss the mark by a smidge regarding bringing folks across the partition by 2015. And yes the junior FO's at AT will be collateral damage. But I don't think SWA wants to downgrade the top 200-300 AT Captains, just to have to retrain them ($$$). That's my hunch. The other hunch is that, while SWA is very good at making business decisions, they suck *ss at operational decisions. Like having a worthless reservation for so long and keep in place prior to buying an international airline knowing that it would not support airline integration.

- actually, not necessarily junior FO's since the transition is not in seniority order. The ID is issued on day 1, but training to include sim and IOE is 60 days.

Last edited:
Brit-

I agree that you guys got screwed.

You really should sue everyone you can to get what you deserve.

Really. You should.

Instead of just complaining, put your money where your mouth is and try to make it right.

That's what I keep telling you. We will not all be over by Jan 2015 it's impossible.
How many guys are getting across this year? About 100, that leaves 1650 of us to go.

The 60 days of training crap comes from your Training Dept. That is their time frame regardless of current equipment. Now crunch the numbers and tell me your time frame will work.
264 FO's have or will be trained this year so your way off.

Brit, I also do not believe that you will all cross by Jan 15 (there is the timeline). I think that SWA is in a bit of a crunch and will miss that mark. I do believe that come Jan 15 you will all be on SWA pay scales. You might want to take a deep breath and chillax a bit. It does wonders for the stress. Remember this is a marathon not a sprint.

Its more like a pub crawl.

There is some moving around, some drinking, some fighting, and some puking. In the end everybody is a winner and a loser.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back