• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AirTran MEC Chair message.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Trust me Brit, I don't think anyone is getting furloughed, but again your junior pilots had more furlough protection and a TON more money in the first agreement.

But it was voted down. The SW pilots had nothing to do with that.

I agree, it shoud have gone to the pilots but we should not have been placed in that situation either.

As far as furlough goes, crunch the numbers there are too many pilots so many of us are preparing for furlough.

It appears as though the company does not want to integrate us. If they did then it would have already been done.

I didn't vote for it, so I'll "cry" about it all I want, thanks. And you seem to be missing the point here: we were lied to and mislead by management during the voting process.
I'll give you $1000 cash if you walk up to Gary Kelly and call him a liar and he agree's.

I was told by one of your guys that I was not good enough to be a SWA FO because I didn't have a type.
I would have had your back and told that guy the type doesnt mean diddly. Just a foolish requirement that excluded a lot of good pilots because they didnt want to gamble $8000. He probably got hired here with minimum time and believes he is the best because thats what they told him in the school house.

I would have had your back and told that guy the type doesnt mean diddly. Just a foolish requirement that excluded a lot of good pilots because they didnt want to gamble $8000. He probably got hired here with minimum time and believes he is the best because thats what they told him in the school house.

Agreed. +1

It appears as though the company does not want to integrate us. If they did then it would have already been done.

Do you actually pay attention to what you write, or do you just blab for the sake of blabbing?

You will be integrated according to the timeline. The same timeline that was in the SLI agreement, the same timeline that is still written today, and the same timeline that we will be talking about tomorrow. Could it go faster? sure. Will it go 6 months to a year longer? possibly.

+1
Unfortunately we have a bunch of guys here that truly believe they're special (they're not). I'm not sure where that attitude comes from but I grow tired of it. And for the record, anyone who had to buy a type from a type rating factory knows it's all eye wash. My type at ACT in Dallas was an absolute joke. The check cleared and I passed my my type ride. Imagine that.

Pilots bid 90% for money and no other reason.

The ONLY thing you had to give was seniority and a vast majority of us will always believe you didn't give enough- should have been DOH -5 across the list- and you'd still be ahead IMO -

If it had been DOH -5, would it really have been enough or would you have wanted more. The guys on the AT side are faced with uncertainty. I believe they will all be ok and will be transitioned, however, I understand their concern. Try and appreciate that fact.

Here is what is certain. The deal is done. There is no going back. Nothing can be solved on FI.

Its long past time to move forward and work together to achieve great things. I am lucky enough to have come across the partition. Its been a fantastic experience. I hope everyone comes sooner rather than later. No matter what anyone tells you, you don't get it until you experience it for yourself.

Cheers more beers

:beer:

Do you actually pay attention to what you write, or do you just blab for the sake of blabbing?

You will be integrated according to the timeline. The same timeline that was in the SLI agreement, the same timeline that is still written today, and the same timeline that we will be talking about tomorrow. Could it go faster? sure. Will it go 6 months to a year longer? possibly.

Do you actually pay attention to what you write?
This time line does not exist. There isn't one yet you state that I will be integrated in accordance with it.
I'll send you my employee # then perhaps you can give me a date that I can expect to cross the fence.
I expect to be furloughed long before that happens anyway.

Brit, then you are either a current SWA pilot on SWA painted equipment or you are not at either AT or SWA all together. I say this because all AT pilots will be across the partition in the next 2.5 years. Also, SWA will not furlough under normal recessions etc. If WW3 starts, maybe but not a recession. Line totals will drop I predict, but they will not furlough. My penny.

DH, welcome across. Glad you are enjoying it so far. I still do for the most part, however there are some days that get to ya.

Latest resources

Back