Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Airtran has reached a tentative agreement!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually unless SWAPA takes action for a side letter to change the current wording in our contract....as soon as they become owned by SWA they come under our contract. This means they get our duty rigs, pay , etc........what do we get???? I for one would prefer that they cannot come under our contract until we have a SL that everyone votes on!!
What do you get??? You mean whats in it for me??? How American especially the last ten years. Well you can have our pay if you like. But seriously you get a company now able to grow. We lose stuff too. I was 40 numbers or a few months from upgrade.....now I'm probably a decade.

I hear ya. But if we wait until the Southwest deal closes. There will be no sigining bonus. That will all go away. Yes we will get a raise but Southwest has no obligation to give us a signing bonus. Just my 2 cents. I have heard that payrates are less than Alaska but more than JetBlue.

Based on those quoted rates...negative. The pure hourly rates are the same...within a buck or two. Plus JB gets 150% hourly pay after 78hrs credit for the month.

So, not higher than JB...just under...

Well the ALPA forum has either totally crashed or has been shut down from all the wild speculation.

We are just banging our heads against the wall until we receive ACTUAL information form the MEC or NC and not rumors form so called, "reliable sources". When the TA comes out, then we can debate its merits or faults on the ALPA board, Until then it serves no purpose unless you want to b!tch or if you like reading all the right wing shiz from TE.

The funny thing is that the guys b!tching that we have a TA are the same guys that b!tched that we didn't have a TA!

Be careful what you wish for. Can you say "whipsaw"? How would you like to see all of your growth go to the lower paid AirTran side of the house? The quicker the two groups are integrated, the better for everyone involved.

I don't think SWA pilots are worried at all about a whipsaw. Foremost, SWA loves it's brand--almost to its detriment at times. Under the current management, SWA wouldn't increase the amount of "Airtran" flying at the expense of SWA flying since it's not good for the brand.

There are a lot of ways a Jerry-O, Mr. Glass, or BB could/would devise to squeeze the prune for 24 months--but Mr. Kelly looks a little farther down the road than they do. Worst case, SWA doesn't grow and Airtran does--and in 24 months the operations combine and the SLI puts everything back to where it would've been anyways.

The few pilots at SWA who'd be hurt would be the senior FOs waiting to upgrade and poolies--whereas all of the AT pilots would be awaiting the new payscales.

Last, I don't think SWAPA will delay AT pilots from getting the new payscales--but I also don't think SWAPA is worried about rushing to that end either. All will happen in due course--regardless of the forums :]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back