Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Airtran has reached a tentative agreement!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think SWA pilots are worried at all about a whipsaw. Foremost, SWA loves it's brand--almost to its detriment at times. Under the current management, SWA wouldn't increase the amount of "Airtran" flying at the expense of SWA flying since it's not good for the brand.

:]

I don't think you're going to see us operating as two separate companies any longer than is operationally necessary, they will want to bring the thing in-house and not let it fester and stew like at USAirways.

The funny thing is that the guys b!tching that we have a TA are the same guys that b!tched that we didn't have a TA!

You'll bitch, too, when you see the rates and the "bonus". GT1900's info was pretty much on target.

Most of us aren't b!tching at the NC or the MEC, but rather our weak sisters on the line who took their eye off the ball to look at the pretty little purple and orange kitty.

Last edited:
You'll bitch, too, when you see the rates and the "bonus". GT1900's info was pretty much on target.

Maybe I will but I'll have a big grin on my face and you will too when Southwest starts paying us and our management takes a hike!

Most of us aren't b!tching at the NC or the MEC, but rather our weak sisters on the line who took their eye off the ball to look at the pretty little purple and orange kitty.

I must have missed that email, or can you tell me where the rates and bonus info is posted?

Just left the "schoolhouse" in Dallas for my annual lobotomy. (Recurrent) During one of our breaks from class about 25-30 AirTran folks walked into the FltOps training center. Was pretty cool to see the looks on their faces as they checked out all of the memorbilia on the walls. They were all very nice and cordial. Think they were part of the overall transition team from ATL.

Last edited:
Heres what I have heard.. (gotta love rumors). Ive heard the MEC basically told the NC to go get what they could. Unfortunatly, with the SWA deal, we don't have the ability to fight for another year or so. I was told that that this TA isn't what the NC really wanted, but this is what they thought they could get without a protracted fight. From what I understand, the NMB basically told the NC that there was no way we were getting released now with the SWA announcment. Supposidly the NC was looking for another $5-8 hr with a much bigger signing bonus. However, when the NMB pulled the leverage out from under the NC, this is what we were left with. Like it or not... It sucks, but it is what it is. If SWA wasn't purchasing AAI there would be no way this turd would pass. As it stands now, it has a chance.

Ty,

How is a lame duck contract "the ball"? Nothing you guys are going to able to achieve, even with a strike vote, is going to approach what you are going to get when the dust settles.

Please don't take that the wrong way, I'm not saying you don't deserve more as a group, it's just the way it is. For many of your pilots getting under our contract is the equivalent of upgrading! Honestly, it is even better than that, our works rules and QOL are excellent.

if I were you I'd stop fighting yesterday's battles ...

ivauir.... I agree with you 100%. However, you also have to realize that we don't have SWA employee numbers and SWA Id's yet. If the buyout doesn't go through then we live under this contract for the next 5 years at least. If we knew the SWA purchase was a sure thing, not many people would care. But its not a guarantee, and for that reason this TA is still a big deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back