Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Airtran has reached a tentative agreement!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe the mgmt guys who negotiate against us yet still remain on the seniority list wanted to get this settled. They will probably be flying the line again in the next 18 months. Southwest doesn't need 2 VPs of operations.

I feel for you guys. Looked up the 2009 compensation of the top execs on Yahoo. For Air Tran:

Robert L. Fornaro $2.00M 1999
Director/President/CEO/Chairman of the Board

Steven A. Rossum $1.17M 2008
Assistant Secretary/Executive VP, Divisional/Executive VP, Subsidiary/General Counsel/Other Corporate Officer/Other Exec

Stephen J. Kolski $812,807 1999
Executive VP, Divisional

Richard P. Magurno $776,658 2000

Secretary/Senior VP/Senior VP, Subsidiary

For SWA:

Gary C. Kelly $1.09M 1986
CEO/Chairman of the Board/Director/President

Laura H. Wright $603,782 1998
CFO/Divisional Senior VP

Michael G. Van De Ven $759,808 1993
COO/Executive VP

Robert E. Jordan $729,792 1997
Divisional Executive VP

Ron Ricks $767,041 1986
Divisional Executive VP/Secretary

Note that GK's compensation is half that of RF's while leading a company 4 1/2 times the size and revenue. Also note the differences in tenure.

If those are the rates, it's an automatic NO vote for me. That coupled with some of the other crap they already announced, like Sick Leave, Hotels, Vacation and this gets flushed. We didn't give the MEC/NC a 98% strike vote and the tightest unity this airline has ever seen to be handed a POS TA. AirTran Management can easily afford Alaska + X%...the bonuses they give to themselves clearly proves that.

I think it is time to for you to strike. Do it. Please do it.

Be careful what you wish for. Can you say "whipsaw"? How would you like to see all of your growth go to the lower paid AirTran side of the house? The quicker the two groups are integrated, the better for everyone involved.

I believe the TA for the -800s has a growth metric that for every AT jet added, SWA has to add 3.6 jets to the SWA list until operations are combined. It prevents a whipsaw and brings growth to SWA during the transition. I may be off however.

I'm just giddy knowing that you'll be slinging gear for some Air Tran pilot for the next 10 years, JUNIOR.............:laugh::laugh:
Oh, and he didn't have to buy his job like you did.

Congrats!! The most a$$inine post on FI ....ever!

That sounded AWESOME. I can't wait to hear you say that in person!

Gup

p.s. Seriously, congrats. It's been a long 5 years and will make your contract more bearable for the next 2 years before you get "our" contract.

Actually unless SWAPA takes action for a side letter to change the current wording in our contract....as soon as they become owned by SWA they come under our contract. This means they get our duty rigs, pay , etc........what do we get???? I for one would prefer that they cannot come under our contract until we have a SL that everyone votes on!!

Actually unless SWAPA takes action for a side letter to change the current wording in our contract....as soon as they become owned by SWA they come under our contract. This means they get our duty rigs, pay , etc........what do we get???? I for one would prefer that they cannot come under our contract until we have a SL that everyone votes on!!

SLI integration doesn't get voted on by the Pilot Group, at least under ALPA policy, only the MEC.

It'll be voted on by the pilots of SWAPA, unless it goes to arbitration. I heard your MEC has the power to accept an SLI a few days ago. I was a little shocked to hear this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Back