Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Airtran has reached a tentative agreement!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Status
Not open for further replies.
You're a tool. What exactly should AirTran guys thank you for? What exactly did you do? Unless you're senior management at Southwest I know the answer. NOTHING. And it still remains to be seen if it will be a good deal for the AirTran guys. I'm sick of some SWA guys thinking they are better somehow than everyone else.

Relax buddy, life is too short to feel like you do.

I keep hearing this. You'll make more money in the right seat under our contract than you would if you upgraded over there. If your "lost upgrade sacrifice" isn't about money, then what is it? Ego?
Well, yes, as a matter of fact, ego does play a part. Maybe you're happy spending your entire career in the right seat letting the CA make all the hard decisions, and I guess that's fine if all you're interested in is money. But I want both, the money I deserve and command. I didn't work my butt off all those years just to be a career gear-slinger.

But to each, his own, I suppose.

Well, yes, as a matter of fact, ego does play a part. Maybe you're happy spending your entire career in the right seat letting the CA make all the hard decisions, and I guess that's fine if all you're interested in is money. But I want both, the money I deserve and command. I didn't work my butt off all those years just to be a career gear-slinger.

OK. Just be sure to tell the arbitrator that he needs to appease your wallet AND your ego...

Man, I hope I never fly with you. I got in this business to make money and provide for my family. I will NEVER let ego get in the way of that. And let's not forget... you "command" that money because you were hired before the guy you are flying with, not because you are something special or God's gift to flying.

You're a tool. What exactly should AirTran guys thank you for? What exactly did you do? Unless you're senior management at Southwest I know the answer. NOTHING. And it still remains to be seen if it will be a good deal for the AirTran guys. I'm sick of some SWA guys thinking they are better somehow than everyone else.

Pump your brakes kid, or you will get put in the tiger cage or worse yet, sent to the re-education farm. I hear nobody is the same after they get back from the West Texas "training facility".

Last edited:
I do have a question, Has A/T posted earnings for the quarter? If not, when are they scheduled to announce profits?
KBB

posted today

Friday, October 22, 2010 - - Loyal Travelers Can Earn Free* Travel Faster with Double A+ Credits on Select Routes - ORLANDO, Fla., Oct 22, 2010 /PRNewswire via COMTEX/ --AirTran Airways, a subsidiary of AirTran Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: AAI), announced today that the airline will offer A+ Rewards members four A+ Rewards credits for round-trip flights from Baltimore-Washington International Thurgood Marshall Airport (BWI) to select destinations. The offer is available through November 19, 2010. AirTran Airways' frequent flier program, A+ Rewards, allows travelers to earn free* flights faster than other airlines' loyalty programs - and now frequent fliers from Baltimore/Washington (BWI) can enjoy the rewards, and ea...More...
AirTran Holdings, Inc., Reports Increase in Third Quarter Profit
Friday, October 22, 2010 - Strong Revenue Growth Drives Highest Third Quarter Operating Margin Since 2003 Best Third Quarter Operational Performance in Company History ORLANDO, Fla., Oct 22, 2010 /PRNewswire via COMTEX/ -- AirTran Holdings, Inc., (NYSE: AAI), the parent company of AirTran Airways, Inc., today reported a net profit of $36.3 million or $0.22 per diluted share for the third quarter of 2010. During the quarter, the Company reported operating income of $56.7 million. Included in these third quarter results is a non-operating gain on derivative financial instruments of $15.3 million. This non-operating gain on derivative financial instruments was largely attributable to unrealized increases in the fair ..​

Man, I hope I never fly with you. I got in this business to make money and provide for my family. I will NEVER let ego get in the way of that. And let's not forget... you "command" that money because you were hired before the guy you are flying with, not because you are something special or God's gift to flying.
No problem. I'm sure there will always be room for career gear-slingers who are too afraid or too lazy to advance in their career. Maybe the CA will hold your hand. :laugh:

A serious lack of understanding of the FO and CAPT roles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Back