• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AIRTRAN has a TA ?!?!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Lear.. I haven't said I'm voting for anything... But, isn't the scope for 88 seats or less? I havent even got a chance to look at the entire thing, but trust me, I will, and Im thinking a "no" vote is in order... My point was simply, that it looks to be better than what the rumors were saying.. Simple as that.. There is a tone of chitty things, but I don't think anyone was expecting 180+ hr, even though it happens at year 15.. Year 12 would put the company in the ball park..
*whew!* Good... you scared me there for a second. :)

I think you're right, $180/hr at Year 12 would be in the ballpark, with no 15-year pay scale in either seat.

I haven't seen the Scope section in its entirety, only a confirmation that the language doesn't protect against 90- or 100- seat jets reconfigured for business class service which is an immediate NO vote for me. Like I've said before, that could scope a large portion of us right out of a job or at least into stagnation of growth for several years when they decide to replace the 717 fleet with Embraers.

The addition of new planes doesn't really help either with the replacement of MEH aircraft. That carrot is way too little to make any real difference.

The flight attendants are going to absolutely LOVE us if we sign for aircraft movement to door-open... The summer of love is here,,, :(

Need to be very careful. Skywest is lurking behind the contract door and waiting for the call. They've already negotiated to fly for Midwest and you can bet AirTran has spoken with them about future possibilities.
I hope everyone will look at Delta and see that a 70 seat RJ can and will take your job. Let's make em' all AirTran pilots.

...makes me recall the thread on the regional board about SKW and their supposed interest in the CRJ-1000. I bet with a business class that would be just under 100 seats...Wouldn't take many to replace the 717 altogether...

no it's the worst possible time to do that.
The Union has caved on this issue and several others since Christmas. I think they have satisfactorily demonstrated that their talents have been exceeded. The last thing we need are more concessionary actions by the current administration. The time has certainly come.

First off... After hearing more, Its gonna be a "no" vote for me.. Lear, there is somthing more to the scope than just 88 seats or less, but I wasn't really listening to the union guy when he was explaining.. Second, I have to call with a doctors note because I ate bad food and now have the chits.. YGTBFKM........ Plus, the 4hr a day guarantee is gone?? I can see it now, how many 1 leg days are we gonna have when we sit until 4 in the afternnon and then fly from MEM to ATL.. B.S....Now, there is a couple things that aren't too bad.. Top out pay at 180+hr is good, if it were for 12 year pay.. I think $100hr for FO's is pretty good as well, at 12 years.. 12.5% for the B-fund is in the right direction too.. But, the union really did botch this, or, maybe they played it brilliantly... Maybe, if our pilot group turns it down with an 80%+ NO vote than we can actually get a contract that works...

OK... here we go.

Year Capt ... Current ..... New ...... % Increase

1st ........... $ 71.21 .... $ 91.63 ......... 29% (no CA's currently on 1st year pay)
2nd .......... $101.70 .... $115.42 ........ 13% (no CA's currently on 2nd year pay)
3rd .......... $106.30 .... $119.82 ......... 13%
4th .......... $112.27 .... $124.39 ......... 11%
5th .......... $120.01 .... $129.13 ......... 8%
6th .......... $123.50 .... $134.05 ......... 9%
7th .......... $127.15 .... $138.83 ......... 9%
8th .......... $131.87 .... $142.69 ......... 8%
9th .......... $136.85 .... $146.97 ......... 7%
10th ........ $144.00 .... $151.38 ......... 5%
11th ........ $147.33 .... $155.92 ......... 6%
12th ........ $152.57 .... $160.60 ......... 5%
13th ........ $152.57 .... $165.41 ......... 8%
14th ........ $152.57 .... $170.38 ......... 12%