• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Air Wisconsin

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Lot's of talk about AWAC being the highest CASM. Before we all accept that this is the result of pilot compensation, and allow management another bargaining chip.

1 AWAC flies multiple fleets.............will be down to 1, lower CASM
2 AWAC ground handles all ORD espress ops and alot of DEN
(OK they don't now...but they did when all those CASM #s were posted earlier...do those thousands of employees let go effect CASM)
3 AWAC leases are to high........I think Brazil and Canada about went to war over our great deal from Canada, they can't be that much higher than everyone else's.
4. AWAC employees are to senior...at what point does training costs of 30 per month quiting, balance out a few dollars an hour pay for senior pilots

I think AWAC is in as good of position as anybody. They have seemed to convince everybody that it's the pilots fault.

Just my opinion, of course I could be wrong (stolen from Dennis Miller)

logolight said:
Dec 2003 hires will upgrade in Feb 2006. That's 2 years and 2 months. As they continue to upgrade 20 per month on top of 30 per month resigning, upgrade time will remain at about 2 years. That number does not include any possible expantion. Current staffing is only 700 pilots. AWAC is 80 crews short for flying for December. They have now resorted to junior manning FO's now as well as Captains daily to cover trips that have no crews assigned. I suspect it may come to the point where new hires will become line holders right out of training.

I have faxed and emailed my resume into Air Whiskey but no calls yet. Afterall, I am no in the FLYI furloughee fraternity!!!!! Just think, my first fraternity with no hell week or intiaition!!!!! I thought I'd have to learn the Greek alphabet.

I am in the Jan. class and do not have much information as far as how many people are in it. I was wondering the same thing.

I got a letter asking me to complete my sim eval before the end of the year. When I called and talked to them about having surgery, they said they wanted it done because they were trying to fill January classes.

i was told today (by a reliable source) that 30 new hires (2 classes) and 30 upgrades a month are to be expected through march....then maybe a few months off to transition some people....then back to 30 & 30 a month through june......that's what they want to do anyway

Does your reliable source actually work in the recruiting department?

I just returned from ATW and the director of training among others told us the same info. Two classes a month for awhile (not sure how many per class), transition the rest of the 146 guys over, look at attrition, and continue hiring and running classes as needed. If you get in now you won't sit reserve long. How long the upgrade will be depends on many factors but it's not a bad place to sit as an FO with a bit of seniority.

av8er23 said:
Does your reliable source actually work in the recruiting department?

no...but it seems to be pretty common knowledge around the company now that these are the plans

Latest resources

Back