Air Wisconsin

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
BoilerUP said:
Haven't seen it previously asked...but does AWAC have a commuter clause?

If somebody at AWAC would be willing to send me a copy of the current CBA, I would highly appreciate it. I am interviewing later this month and would like to have a good idea what to expect. Please PM me if willing to help me out. Thanks!

Yep. Commuter clause requires 2 flights to get you to work. I don't think our CBA lives in an online form of any sorts. Doubt you'll get it.

i started at air willy in feb being 3rd from the bottom, #873. i have since moved up 170 spots with another 31 people leaving end of nov/dec. thats almost 25% of the company that has left since feb. oh, and if the issue that we have with the company gets settled early next year, 2nd year fo pay may go from $33/hr to $37 with a possibilty of back pay thrown in. all up to the abitrator though.

I am looking to commute from Birmingham, Al once i get a line. How difficult will this be?

wheelsup said:
As far as 2.5 year upgrade, I talked with one of the most senior F/O's awaded captain in the Feb alignment and he was hired just a shade over 3 years ago. I'm not sure if it's down to 2.5 right now or not.
~wheelsup

The last guys to be awarded the upgrade were hired in Feb of 03'. There is a six month gap between that class and the following one in Aug of 03' where there was no new hires. That's where everyone's getting this 2.5 year upgrade talk from. On the next award that's where it'll drop to.

Like mentioned above though. That shouldn't play any part in your decision to come here. Right now the facts are: our current contract, bases on the east coast, and fairly rapid movement up the F/O list. If you live on the east coast, I'd say this would defintely be on my list of top 3 carriers to head to

Word is 30 new hires per month and 20 upgrades per month until at least next summer. Averaging one resignation every 20 hours. My calculation is new hires sit reserve for 3 months. Upgrade time is about 2 years. Also, AWAC is starting a new hire mentorship program in which a line pilot mentors a new hire throughout their training to help them get through the course easier. I will be mentoring someone in the Dec. 5th class. I'm telling you, get your resume in.

Latest resources

Back