• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Air Wisconsin

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
All of the furloughed guys have already had an oppurtunity to upgrade.

Here are your "gaps" in hiring.

OCT 02 Classes...currently in upgrade ( 3 years 2 months..some will still be going in Jan 06 so 3 years 3 months)

(no classes for 3 months due to 328 bye bye announcement)

FEB 03 Class.......One or two out of that group will go in Jan (2 years 11 months) but most will go in Feb 06 ( 3 years) That should be you Avrodriver! Are you actually ready to leave the right seat finally??

(no classes for 6 months due to the actual phasing outy of the 328)

AUG 03 Classes......Most likely a few of these guys will also make the cut for the next award putting them in a Feb 06 class as well ( 2 years 7 months)

(then the hiring spree began)

Heavy heavy hiring began around AUG 03 and pretty much has continued since then. I would expect to see no dramatic drops after that. If we wanted to guess...this is just guessing considering I have no idea who has quit from what classes or if they are actually going to be able to crank out 30 cpts a month ( it's hard to upgrade when you are short on everything)

Sept/Oct 03.....upgrade in March 06 (2 years 6 months)
Oct/Nov 03......upgrade in May 06 ( BAC guys will start training....so 2 years 6 months).

I think it will stick at about 2.5 for a bit and then maybe start heading the other direction but probably not above 3...at least for this wave of catching up we have to do. After that it's anyone's guess, but we've got to start being able to handle what we've got on our plate now if we stand any chance of growth in the future.

Remember Logo....yes there were gaps in hiring, but right after the gaps we started hiring heavy. Not to mention I think they are dreaming if they think they can get 30 thru a month. Can't upgrade f/o's until you have them.

Last edited:
And we have been cancelling flights due to no crew lately (probably short of captains). They've been junior manning about every day. I've even heard that they have begun jr manning FOs too since they are trying to upgrade people to relieve the staffing problem.

17 flights in one day xc due to no crew. That's pretty bad. But don't worry. They have a fix it crew assembled in PHL now to be "proactive" in solving problems. Ummm... yah. Proactive. If you're fixing problems AFTER they have happened it's no longer PROACTIVE!

Excuse me, I have to go find a wall to bang my head against now. I haven't heard the squishy sound yet.

logolight said:
A previous poster says he's a Sep 03 hire and is 15 away from upgrade. My buddy is Dec 03 hire and he says he's about 40 from upgrade. That puts upgrade time at just over 2 years. I believe that number will drop shortly.

Also remember that AWAC had pilots on furlough from 01 to about 03. (somewhere in there) So you will see that some of the junior captains had longer upgrade times. The new upgrading FO's were hired after the furloughs were called back in 03 so their upgrade times are shorter. That said, if you look at the seniority list, you'll see the discontinuity of hire dates between the Junior captains and the FO's about to upgrade.

Don't mean to quibble and split hairs (yes I do!) but the furloughees were all back by end of summer '02 just before I was hired in Sept '02.

It's like what Kenny said, you haven't upgraded till you cash the check, check piker's comments, we have enough sunshine blowers areound here anyway. If it gets below 2.5 yrs you let me know and I'll buy you a beer at the JetRock! Also, the 146 pilots coming over after ski season will slow things down a bit.

Peace out, I'm done.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to blow smoke up anyone's arse around here. I don't have the up to date facts and numbers but the problem is I'm getting different numbers from different people so there is confusion as to what hire dates are next for upgrade. I'll try to dig more but we all can agree that it's certainly less than 3 years and I think getting shorter. I'll check it out.

I emailed and faxed my resume. Even called the pilot recruiter, if they are that short handed, I hope they call. I need a job. Afterall I am already trained on the CRJ. What base would I more than likely get? Any CLT base? or PHL? DCA?
anyone Bueler? Logo?

I emailed and snail-mailed mine last week, and I plan to submit it one more time this week in case maybe they lost the first two. I've got an interview with XJT next week, but I'd kinda like to hear from AWAC as well, then get both offers and come back here and start a riot over which one I should go with. They are really the only two regionals I'm interested in. I might send one to CHQ even though I don't think I meet all their posted req's - any other suggestions?

XJT called me the next day after I submitted my resume online. If AWAC is hurting so bad, what's taking them so long? I still think they might be my first choice, but that would probably change if XJT makes an offer and they don't.;)

the people who have to search through the resumes recieve hundreds a day and are going as fast as they can, be patient. In addition, interviewing will slow slightly while the holidays pass. Best way to get an interview is to buddy up to an awac employee and get them to walk in your resume.

SpatialD said:
I've got an interview with XJT next week, but I'd kinda like to hear from AWAC as well, then get both offers and come back here and start a riot over which one I should go with.

I have a good friend an ExpressJet, who has been there about 8 months. His schedule is WAY better than anything AWAC can offer - he gets 18 days off/month while the line holders here are LUCKY to get 14. Most of the lines have 12-13 days off. Upgrade will probably be less @ AWAC but you'll pay a price for it, especially if you are going to commute. On the past 4-day trip I had 5 captains, 4 out of 5 of which were JM'ed...

~wheelsup

DASHDRIVER said:
Best way to get an interview is to buddy up to an awac employee and get them to walk in your resume.

Thanks, buddy. Next time you come through MEM drop me a line and I'll buy you a beer and show you around.:beer:

I hear ya' WheelsUp, and I could use the time off to supplement that first year FO pay too. If I get either job, I don't think I'll be too disappointed about the other.

Last edited:
As an FYI...

Just heard today from the big cheese in the training dept. that we are planning on 48 new hires per month for at least the months of Jan, Feb, and March. Not sure how many after that. I guess they are planning on taking the first 48 for Jan, from a hiring pool they have right now.

I can't tell you the best way to send in a resume, or why it takes some longer than others to hear back from them, but I can imagine that they are probably getting bombarded with resumes every day. If it were me though, I would send it in via e-mail, fax and snail mail. If I had a friend there, I would see if they would submit it for me.

Best of luck to all you... wherever you end up.

Latest resources

Back