Air Wisconsin

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Speedtree said:
I just returned from ATW and the director of training among others told us the same info. Two classes a month for awhile (not sure how many per class), transition the rest of the 146 guys over, look at attrition, and continue hiring and running classes as needed. If you get in now you won't sit reserve long. How long the upgrade will be depends on many factors but it's not a bad place to sit as an FO with a bit of seniority.

Sounds good. Sorry for the noob question but what is ATW?

I was not trying to be a smartass. There is enough of those on this board already. I did not understand what you were trying to ask?

That's right. Two classes per month of at least 15 per class. Either April or May 06 the 146 guys go to CRJ training then new hire classes will resume immediately after until at least Aug 06. Reserve right now is at about 3 months but if attrition continues, new hires will hold a line right out of training. Right now, upgrade time is about 2 years and if there's any growth in the near future, my guess is upgrade time could be as short as 18 months. We'll se what happens though.

logolight said:
That's right. Two classes per month of at least 15 per class. Either April or May 06 the 146 guys go to CRJ training then new hire classes will resume immediately after until at least Aug 06. Reserve right now is at about 3 months but if attrition continues, new hires will hold a line right out of training. Right now, upgrade time is about 2 years and if there's any growth in the near future, my guess is upgrade time could be as short as 18 months. We'll se what happens though.

Whoa Nelly, whoa. I started upgrade in early Sept. right at three years, who do you know that's upgrading at about two years, and what are they drinking? NO, upgrade is not about 2 years. Attrition is high yes, but not that high.

av8er23 said:
I was not trying to be a smartass. There is enough of those on this board already. I did not understand what you were trying to ask?

On the contrary, I was being the smartass (in a friendly sort of way). Really shouldn't have put a question mark at the end, though.

What I probably should have said was that ATW is the identifier for Appleton, WI, which is the home of Air Wisconsin. :D

The guys currently in MEM doing their CPT's are at the 3years and 2 months mark. So I'm not sure how that puts upgrade at 2 years or even how it drops to 2 years in the next 2 months.

The training dept has budgeted for 150 upgrades next year so like everything else in aviation don't start cashing that left seat cheque until you're in it.

Crossky said:
Whoa Nelly, whoa. I started upgrade in early Sept. right at three years, who do you know that's upgrading at about two years, and what are they drinking? NO, upgrade is not about 2 years. Attrition is high yes, but not that high.

A previous poster says he's a Sep 03 hire and is 15 away from upgrade. My buddy is Dec 03 hire and he says he's about 40 from upgrade. That puts upgrade time at just over 2 years. I believe that number will drop shortly.

Also remember that AWAC had pilots on furlough from 01 to about 03. (somewhere in there) So you will see that some of the junior captains had longer upgrade times. The new upgrading FO's were hired after the furloughs were called back in 03 so their upgrade times are shorter. That said, if you look at the seniority list, you'll see the discontinuity of hire dates between the Junior captains and the FO's about to upgrade.

Latest resources

Back