• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Air Wisconsin

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
AWAC never was and never will be a major. Get over it and get on with it. You are all morons.
HaHa,

I am really looking foward to commuting! Is there never a chance of finishing up on the last day at a reasonable time and catching a flight home?

av8er23 said:
I have heard that AWAC may be getting a domicle in Memphis, TN. Does anyone know more on this?

God I hope not, I'm down here doing CPT's and this place is a $hithole! I very much doubt that particular rumour.

Does anyone happen to have a .pdf or .doc file of a months schedule that they could post? I am interested in seeing a sample. Preferrably one that is considered a S****y schedule.

I'm not going to take sides here in this argument. Yes things suck right now as far as lines and commutability. We are way understaffed and the only way they can cover trips is to force alot of duty time on the pilots. That means minimum days off and non-commutable lines until staffing improves. I personaly haven't heard yet anything about AWAC turning down a PHX base.

(Disclaimer) I am in no way shape or form defending the company's actions in this next statement.

The reason AWAC gave as to why they previously turned down the 70 seat flying is because the contracts called for only a small number of aircraft that AWAC felt would have been a financial risk to the company. Why they thought that, I have no idea. My guess is they probably thought the operational costs would have exceeded the profitability of the few aircraft.

I will say that I'm having a hard time believing that USairways would have been willing to sign us on with the intent of us only flying 50 seat, unprofitable aircraft for the entire duration of the contract. I also don't believe that AWAC's parent company would have been willing to invest 125 million into a bankrupt company and then only offer aircraft that will not net a profit for USairways. Especially since they are becoming a LCC.

But hey, that's the Cool-Aid talking.

Last edited:
Diggler, your basically a douche. Yes, your entitled to your opinion, its just to bad that it sucks. The only reason that you think this place is descent now is becuase people that were here long before your shinny jet lovin a$$ showed up worked hard to make it a great place to work. Only imagine if you were here then. Don't be a such a disrespectful hump be saying how great it is and no one should be complaining. Blah blah blah.

av8er23 said:
HaHa,

I am really looking foward to commuting! Is there never a chance of finishing up on the last day at a reasonable time and catching a flight home?

No. And my January bid just went in. About 75% of the lines have back to back 3 day trips. The first day starts at 0700 (commute the night before) and the last day (2nd trip) ends a 2140. My last flight home is at 2000.

Have a nice day.

Why am I pissed about schedules? Because they don't have to be that way. They make us sit for 17-19 (sometimes 24) hours in a hotel and we end up on the top of day flying causing us to finish late on the last day. It doesn't have to be this way. The Union is grieving many aspects of our schedules. It didn't used to be like this.

And no, this place is not a Major but according to CJT when I hired on it was a "destination airline". Meaning, it was a place you could retire from. But not anymore.

Of course, there is that little thing about AWAC applying to become a "large carrier" (100 aircraft or more) in 2006. The CP has now gotten a new title that corresponds with one required in a "large carrier". Makes you wonder if things aren't in the offing. But until we can staff this airline right (we XC 17 flights on Saturday and I've heard 36 flights on Sunday due to crew availability) the abuse will continue.

Latest resources

Back