• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Air Wisconsin

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I worked at Air willy it sucked. 1 year and 5 months my number went from 814 to 730. not much movement considering the company shrank by 20%

cargojunkie said:
I worked at Air willy it sucked. 1 year and 5 months my number went from 814 to 730. not much movement considering the company shrank by 20%

What were the dates that you worked there?
How many people were they hiring at the time?

cargojunkie said:

You went up 84 positions in a shrinking company and you think that sucks. You should have stayed around jack@@s! You'd be skyrocketing upwards at almost 30 spots a month like the rest of us. This company has lost 17 aircraft since I got here and in less than two years my seniority has moved up about 300 spots. There are worse places to be with far worse pay and work rules. If you're willing to be flexible with where you live, this is the place to be right now.

I heard things are going to be moving fast at AIRWISKY even if no new planes are added to the fleet. All of the DEN based pilots are leaving for other jobs and there are even some that don't have jobs lined up and are still leaving. Word is about a 2 to 2 1/2 year upgrade....not bad. Also, I see on the airwis.com website that they require an ATP written. I have heard that they do require it but only by the time your probationary period is up. How long is your Probationary period? Just curious. For what it's worth, If I were to go to another regional airline right now, this would be the one I would choose. Good people and pay. Plus, they haven't undercut any other airlines like Mesa, SkyWest, and Chautauqua have.

av8er23 said:
Is AWAC still have plans on hiring 25-30 monthly through next summer?

that's what they are telling us right now.....good time to get on with the company

and to answer eight8kcabpilot's question....you are correct....the written is required by the end of your probationary period....not necessarily at date of hire

masedogg19 said:
that's what they are telling us right now.....good time to get on with the company

and to answer eight8kcabpilot's question....you are correct....the written is required by the end of your probationary period....not necessarily at date of hire
The written is required to be done within your 12-month probationary period. This starts they day you begin indoc and start collecting a paycheck. After doing the indoc, sim, and OE, I had 3 months and change of that go by.

As far as 2.5 year upgrade, I talked with one of the most senior F/O's awaded captain in the Feb alignment and he was hired just a shade over 3 years ago. I'm not sure if it's down to 2.5 right now or not. Also, to think that it will be 2.5 years from now is rediculous. If you look at the numbers they want to hire over the course of the next year it only adds up to about 250 or so I think, which will put anyone hired today in the middle of the F/O's.

Where it goes from there is really up to expansion (not likely due to our cost structure) or the schedules getting any worse, which would be tough. I have a 4:45 AM show...ouch.

~wheelsup

FlyinPiker said:
For the record we are already down to 5 operational BAC-146's with 1 spare according to the November newsletter. Pilots flying the BAC have already been awarded positions in the CRJ with delayed training. Puts things into a better perspective for those thinking 17 airplanes are going to disappear all of a sudden in April. I doubt if you'll even feel it as a newhire....maybe an extra month or three on reserve.

How long is reserve at AWAC?? Min days off?? Also, is PHL or DCA a possible base for a new hire?? Thanks

Last edited:
geojet707 said:
How long is reserve at AWAC?? Min days off?? Also, is PHL or DCA a possible base for a new hire?? Thanks

reserve shouldn't be too long.....i'm heading to CPT and Sim training later today.....i was told yesterday that i would likely spend no longer than 2 months on reserve (fingers crossed on that one).....PHL and DCA are both possible bases for new hires....it looks like they are being send to all 3 bases right now

and wheelsup....you're right...that's what i meant too....i was just saying that the written wasn't required when you were hired...but thats when your 12 months starts....it looks like i'll be close to 4 months before i am actually out on the line

geojet707 said:

sorry...forgot to answer the other question....minimum days off on reserve is 12 days....from what i saw most of the lines are closer to 14-15 days off (again, i'm new here so i have yet to see things in action)

Haven't seen it previously asked...but does AWAC have a commuter clause?

If somebody at AWAC would be willing to send me a copy of the current CBA, I would highly appreciate it. I am interviewing later this month and would like to have a good idea what to expect. Please PM me if willing to help me out. Thanks!

Latest resources

Back