• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Air Wisconsin

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
That was me. I decided we at Air Wisconsin will not be able to handle the western flying. I called HQ after the flight and axed the idea.

Sorry.

S.

Will AWAC eventually operate the 146s for USAir? I read in an earlier post that they were coming back online late summer....my apologies if I missed something.

Paladin said:
Will AWAC eventually operate the 146s for USAir? I read in an earlier post that they were coming back online late summer....my apologies if I missed something.

They are down to 5 or 6 146's I think from around 17. Some have been sent to England, I'm not sure what was done with the others. They are being phased out of the United system gradually until April 2006. I don't think there are any plans to put the remainder to use on US Air, although serving ASE would certainly be a niche market. I think it (the 146) can do DCA-ASE full. Atleast that's what someone told me.

It would be pretty cool if they could pick up some of Mesaba's Avro's - but I wouldn't hold your breath.

~wheelsup

i think we have 4 or 5 sitting at ATW....not in use all.....seems like we're done with them for good....

Beechnut said:
That was me. I decided we at Air Wisconsin will not be able to handle the western flying. I called HQ after the flight and axed the idea.

Sorry.

S.

Did you tell them to give it to GJ's instead?

wheelsup said:
I don't think there are any plans to put the remainder to use on US Air, although serving ASE would certainly be a niche market. I think it (the 146) can do DCA-ASE full.

~wheelsup

DCA-ASE.....no way Jose.

I remember at XJ we had a hard enough time doing MEM-ASE at times in the Avro.

The 146 was once a mainline aircraft at USAir (PSA back in the day). USAir pilots would be the only ones allowed to operate it. You can kiss that thing goodbye.

Noticed that no one has bashed AWAC in this thread. Where are the haters?

There aint any/many haters.......one of the best regionals out there, even with all the crap going on. The 146 would flame out somewhere over Goodland KS on the DCA-ASE route.

Last edited:
Is AWAC still have plans on hiring 25-30 monthly through next summer?

Latest resources

Back