• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Air Wisconsin

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Wow! 48 so does that mean that they are simply hiring 48 a month or putting 48 people in class each month?

Picking a domicle? I am going to commute out of Birmingham, Al once i get a schedule. After doing a little reasearch it looks like U.S. Air and United are the only two airlines that fly nonstop to PHL. As far as getting to DCA or ORF I would have to make a stop in Atlanta or somewhere else. I have a couple of questions.

1. Should I pick a domicle soley based off the flight ability?
2. What are the chances of me getting the domicle of my choice?

If you plan to come here, don't commute. I repeat, don't start this job out by commuting. You will become pissed off just like the rest of the commuters. Move to your domicile or find a different job. You will be home 5-6 nights a week due to the schedules right now. That being said, living in domicile is great. 16 nights a month at home and that is building up my line to max block hours every month. I just want to warn you about commuting here before you take the job. Think very hard about it. You will be in Norfolk initially, which will be a two legger. You will always have to come in the night before a trip and leave the day after you finish the trip. If you do come here and choose to commute, you have been warned and I'll be really pissed if you become one of the whiny complainers like so many others here who have been forced to commute by the company. You would have no excuse. If you can handle the nasty commute without complaining, welcome aboard. It's a good company.

Not exactly what I wanted to hear. I cannot move right now because my fiance must fullfill an oral contract for at least 12 months. Thanks for the input Dirk but you did not really answer my quesions. I guess the night before a trip you stay in a hotel and you are responsible for the costs right?

av8er23 said:
I guess the night before a trip you stay in a hotel and you are responsible for the costs right?
Yes. Or you could get a crashpad, or sleep in the crew rooms.

Basically, the trips start so early that there is no way to commute in the day of your trip (I've had 4:45 AM shows for most of my trips out of ORF) and end so late (my last trip we finally got done at 1:40 AM due to a delay) that you will need to come in the day prior and leave the day after your trip. I live in domicile and couldn't imagine NOT living here.

On a side note, if they do hire 48/month till march I'll be more than halfway up the F/O list, and I just finished OE 2 weeks ago...

~wheelsup

HOTEL! 45 bucks for a night... 90 bucks plus tax for the two hotels you'll buy per trip... call that 4 trips (assuming you're not on reserve) that is $360. That will be most of your small paycheck. Now, buy food at the hotel while you're there now you've spent half you're first year pay just to go to work!

You can sleep in the crew room but you'd better get there early. The floor fills up quickly with all the bodies.

Either resign now or move. Your life is about to suck and your credit cards are going to go through the roof.

S.

DirkkDiggler said:
It's a good company.

Okay, just what is good about this place? Scheduales? The way the Company treats us? Have you tried to call in sick lately?

This place is NOT a good place to work. You new hires that think you'll be moving up the list quickly are in for a shock. You're going to get stuck half way up the FO list and there you will stay.

WE ARE NOT GROWING. The further you move up the list due to attrition the less you'll move as you get hire up on the list. More and more people that quit will be BELOW you.

Now, you'll be stuck in an expensive east coast S***T hole and no opportunities. Enjoy that $35 an hour and miserable scheduales. That's all you can expect from this place.

The Air Wisconsin of a few years ago is NOT the AWAC of today. They know it and they're trying to do it.

S.

Beechnut,

You must be one of those angry commuters that those guys above were talking about.

I have heard that AWAC may be getting a domicle in Memphis, TN. Does anyone know more on this?

Angry nothing. I love this place! You guys are just in for a rude wake up.

4 displacements (sp) in 5 years and the Jackoff's in ATW tell me it's my choice.

Miserable scheduales when they use to be good, so I know they can do better but they don't. 5 days at home a month. I hope we win the grievance just so I can read the email that says we're too expensive! Then I'll vote NO on whatever proposal they offer just for the spite of it.

I'll stick around long enough to get my time, but it won't be easy for me OR THEM.

S.

Latest resources

Back