Air Wisconsin

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
av8er23 said:
I have heard that AWAC may be getting a domicle in Memphis, TN. Does anyone know more on this?

Now WHY would we do that? You're kidding or really have no idea what you're getting into.

I heard we're opening a Phoenix base, and we did turn down..... well let's get the list:

We turned down UAL 70 seat flying
We turned down a UAL LAX base
We turned down AirTran 70 seat flying
We turned down USAir 90 seat flying.
We turned down an opportunity to open the DEN base back up
We turned down the opportunity to do right by the workers by giving back the money the workers gave the company to save the UAL flying!
We turned down an opportunity to keep the 146's around.

What else? Anyone care to add to the list?

I'll bet we turn down the opportunity to open a Phoenix base too.

S.

av8er23 said:
I have heard that AWAC may be getting a domicle in Memphis, TN. Does anyone know more on this?

Where did you hear that? a reliable source? I have not heard or seen this before your post.

You may be confused with the fact that we're doing some training in Memphis. And yes, Beachnutt is one of those disgruntled @sses I was talking about. He should quit and save us all the headaches. It's a good company. Just move to your domicile as quickly as your wife's job will let you!

Well at least we're name calling now!

Yes yes move! Move! Move as much as you can and as much as the company will encourage you to go! Pull those kids out of school every year! It builds character! They don't need friends and you don't need to settle anywhere!

I'm the problem! It IS a good company!

Good luck!

S.

I want to call people names too.

If it's such a sh!tty company and you hate it so much, you really are making yourself look like a moron by staying. Are you masochistic? Either leave or stop your whining. You guys all sound like kindergarteners who've dropped their ice cream cone! Waah.

What I want to do and what I have to do are two very different subjects. I can't WAIT to get out of here, however, I need the time that I am currently building. In fact, it'll take me at least another year before I'm close to my goal and can leave. Fortunatley for others that have left, they have had their needs met here, or have found someplace else that can do it for them.

Now, I work here. I have an interest in this place. I will continue to be interested in this place until my last day here. In fact, I will probably be interested in this place long after I've left. I doubt I'll be vocal as what happens here will no longer effect me, but having at least 5 years of my life here, I can't just forget this place. While I am here, I do feel I have the right to express my opinions. That includes cautioning new hires that the company has really taken a turn for the worse these past few years. Perhaps you are fairly new here or are younger or are just more flexible. That's great. While I didn't mind the moves before, these past few years my life has changed and my time at home (and where that home is) has become increasingly valuable. This is exactly what the company is trying to destroy. They are succeeding and I will eventually leave because of it.

Good luck to you. I do hope you are able to keep your optimism about AWAC as mine has long since died. Please be honest to the new people about what this place is really like.

S.

I believe I was being honest when I cautioned that guy about coming here knowing that he would be communting right off the bat. How much more honest can I be than to tell him he'll hate commuting with the schedules being the way they are right now. You're right, I am flexible and I live in domicile so the schedules don't affect me in the slightest. I feel for all you guys who have had to move domiciles, but let's not forget that this is a regional airline and we provide feed where it is needed. I hope you have more job stability at the next level. God know that is where we all want to be eventually, but while we're here, it does us no good to b!tch about it all the time. It really grates on those of us who like to show up to work, have some fun on the overnights, and then go home at the end of the trip, not thinking about work again for 3 or 4 days. You only get one life, either enjoy it as much as you can, or you'll ruin the whole thing.

DirkkDiggler said:
You may be confused with the fact that we're doing some training in Memphis. And yes, Beachnutt is one of those disgruntled @sses I was talking about. He should quit and save us all the headaches. It's a good company. Just move to your domicile as quickly as your wife's job will let you!

I take offense to that post. I have flown with "Beechnut" back in the Denver days, and he is a great pilot and good guy. He like many others there are just frustratd at how a premier "National" airline has done a 180 and is not the place it once was. Many people are trying to get out, but it does not happen overnight. It is a shame at what AWAC has turned into and I hope guys like "Beechnut" are able to move on, I for one will do what I can to help him out and others like him. SO BACK OFF!

Dirk I too can relate to Beechnut's views. I am entering my 6th year here and I am now about to start my 8th yes 8th domicile granted 2 of those moves were getting back to where I wanted to be but 6 were not my choice. When I joined AWAC I was proud to be at an airline that was respected and regarded almost like being at a major. The company now can't hold a candle up to what it used to be and I very much doubt it will ever be like it was.

Beech is purely giving another view of the company with no holds barred. I too am amoungst those looking to leave but will not just jump at the first thing handed to me (have turned down interviews). I will try to stick it out until something better comes along. That said the constant BS laid upon us from ATW, the schedules that take away any QOL are making the choice to stay harder by the day.

I would rather have new hires next to me know something about what they are getting in to than listen to "this is not what I signed up for, yada yada yada" - it's my job to bitch and complain anyways :D

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back