Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
av8er23 said:
For what reasons?

More people is going to mean less demanding schedules and/or less junior manning. Is it going so be rough for the first few months, sure. Is it going to get better, it should. If the rate of attrition would level off and hiring would catch up it only makes sense that it would be less demanding on the crews.

Here's my theory on the 1100 pilots. I'm not sure if this number is crew room rumor or official info from managment. As of right now the hiring is through attrition at 30 per month until at least July or August 06'. Thats about 240 pilots between now and then. That's alot of pilots for 70 aircraft. You can only go so high on aircraft utilization before you need to get more a/c. That being said, the only logical explaination would be that there will be some growth in the future. But no one has said on when or how much that would be, much less say that there would be any growth at all. Like I said before. I highly doubt that AWAC will continue to fly 70 unprofitable aircraft for USairways who wants to become a LLC. We at least have to get bigger aircraft with lower CASM than the CRJ-200. Weather or not it will be additional aircraft remains to be seen.

Sounds like it is going to be an interesting ride. I hope I will not crap out on this roll...

I saw a couple of poeple getting interviews and hired by air wisc. with less than a 100 multi( one with 27 and one with 40) anyone knows if those candidates had special conditions such as bridge program, or c.e.o's child ,etc...
thanks

saviboy said:
I saw a couple of poeple getting interviews and hired by air wisc. with less than a 100 multi( one with 27 and one with 40) anyone knows if those candidates had special conditions such as bridge program, or c.e.o's child ,etc...
thanks

Good personality, intelligent, etc. That's what matters at AWAC from what I've seen, not flight experience.

mynameisjim said:
Good personality, intelligent, etc. That's what matters at AWAC from what I've seen, not flight experience.

This is true. Experience use to be required. When I was hired you had to have 3000TT, 1000ME and 500 Turbine. Now days, we can't find folks with that experience that are will to put up with us.

The company isn't attracting those people anymore and so they had to lower their qualifications to get the pulses in the classroom.

This aught to make you wonder why.

S.

This explains why I got offered a job after a 15 min interview. I never got called for a sim ride. They called me a week after the interview and offered me a job.

Beechnut said:
This is true. Experience use to be required. When I was hired you had to have 3000TT, 1000ME and 500 Turbine. Now days, we can't find folks with that experience that are will to put up with us.

The company isn't attracting those people anymore and so they had to lower their qualifications to get the pulses in the classroom.

This aught to make you wonder why.

S.
Welcome to the world of the regional airlines. The Willy isn't the only one having those issue. Look at 'express' carriers for any other airline. They have their published minimums, which no one meets, and they still get hired. I could list you story after story of guys I know not meeting the numbers their company published and still got the job (neither did they know anyone). It's the way the industry is now, and for what ever reason the older crowd hasn't figured that out yet. If things continue the way they are, it's only going to continue down and down for every company.

It's because it takes a lot of pilots to have the regionals do all the flying the majors used to do.

Think about it, CRJs are doing routes that 737s used to do. 3 times the airplanes (and pilots) to carry the same number of people.

Too many jobs, not enough qualified pilots out there.

Latest resources

Back