Air Wisconsin

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I am on the www.acacpilot.com site.

I was going to print out some flash cards before my Jan. 9th class and start studing.

Are these the same study materials that are still used?

Last edited:
hi
i saw on the airwisc website that indoc and groundschool are 2 eweeks each. anyone knows about sim training?
thanks

sim is 10 days of actual sim....1-2 day break in the middle....usually 4 days of CPT before that....mine will run Dec 1-18

Take the worst of what's said with the best of what's said and the truth is probably somewhere in the middle. If I lived in DEN/LAX and I had to commute to PHL with the current schedules I would be depressed too. I commuted to work at AWAC for the first 2+ years and now I live close enough to PHL to drive. I wouldn't say I live in domocile but it's close enough. The schedules used to be better. We've done a lot of transition in the past 3 years so I would expect things to be difficult. Did the company drop the ball on anticipating the mass exodus yes. Are they deliberately making the schedules bad, I don't believe it. If they made easier schedules right now they would have to junior man more which would result in just as many pissed off pilots. Are they hiring a bunch right now, yes. Will the schedules improve? Probably a little. Are we as good as the next regional? I think so.

Express Jet is a good place to work but I would rather be at the bottom of 800 pilots than at the bottom of 1500+. Express Jet is probably more stable right now but you're going to be an FO for awhile is my guess.

Yes we do use the flash cards to study. They are mostly system cards I think. The thing that will get you through training is limitations, memory items, checklist flows and callouts. I'm not sure about the other training notes. I don't believe I've seen them.

This is the only regional I've worked for and it hasn't been that bad. Our paychecks don't bounce. We stay in decent hotels. Our planes are maintained well even if they aren't clean. And we still have some good people working here. As you can tell I'm a glass-is-half-full kind of guy and I haven't had it that bad here. It's a regional airline and that's that.

Do all of the hotels that you guys overnight in have high speed internet?

av8er23 said:
Do all of the hotels that you guys overnight in have high speed internet?

Some also come with asian masseuses too!

In regards to getting a call - it took them only 9 days to call me, but that was in August, so who knows. And I was a CFI, no 121 training or anything. Email, fax, and snail mail your resume, that's what I did and it worked.

~wheelsup

Latest resources

Back