Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
saviboy said:
hi,
from what I gathered, awac invested 13.5 % into Us airways, and is gonna stop its United flying.

1)Is us airways gonna be the only airline partner? how is the loss of united flying going to affect AWAC?

Yes, as of right now, after Feb. 2006 US Air is the only codeshare for CRJ's and after April 2006 United will no longer be a codeshare partner when the remaining 146's stop service. Also, AWAC didn't just "stop" united services. United canceled the contract, and outsourced the flying mostly to skywest and mesa.

Also , I read here that Air wisky is looking at having 1100 pilots, if i am correct that corresponds to 110 planes. I also read that the hiring was due to attrition not expansion.
can somebody explain?thanks

The rumors I've heard went like this: the company came out and said they felt an adequate staffing level was around 1100 pilots as of right now. I'm not sure if that includes the 146 aircraft or not, however. The hiring right now is ONLY due to attrition, there hasn't been any expansion in recent times (in fact, going the other way with the loss of the 146's) and currently the company has no plans for additional aircraft from what they've said. However they are private and as such don't have to disclose anything until it's already happened.

United canceled the contract, and outsourced the flying mostly to skywest and mesa.

so, do u think the us airways flying is gonna be enough to compensate th eloss of united flying?

The rumors I've heard went like this: the company came out and said they felt an adequate staffing level was around 1100 pilots as of right now. I'm not sure if that includes the 146 aircraft or not, however. The hiring right now is ONLY due to attrition, there hasn't been any expansion in recent times (in fact, going the other way with the loss of the 146's) and currently the company has no plans for additional aircraft from what they've said. [/quote]

If the 146's are not being replaced , thats only 70 CRJ for 1100 pilots. does that sound right?

saviboy said:
United canceled the contract, and outsourced the flying mostly to skywest and mesa.

so, do u think the us airways flying is gonna be enough to compensate th eloss of united flying?

Every one of our RJ's was/is placed in the US Air system.

If the 146's are not being replaced , thats only 70 CRJ for 1100 pilots. does that sound right?

I have no idea. Sounds a little high to me too, but who knows. Right now we are really short on people, hence why we are hiring so many. It should continue as attrition will only increase in the coming months. If you're wondering if we will furlough after the united flying is done I would say that is the furthest thing from their minds right now...

~wheelsup

saviboy said:

The rumors I've heard went like this: the company came out and said they felt an adequate staffing level was around 1100 pilots as of right now. I'm not sure if that includes the 146 aircraft or not, however. The hiring right now is ONLY due to attrition, there hasn't been any expansion in recent times (in fact, going the other way with the loss of the 146's) and currently the company has no plans for additional aircraft from what they've said.
If the 146's are not being replaced , thats only 70 CRJ for 1100 pilots. does that sound right?[/quote]

Though the 146 is leaving, the company is increasing staffing levels due to attrition AND increased utilization of the CRJ fleet. I believe aircraft utilization has gone up almost 15% from United to US Airways... and when combined with people leaving as they are this is leading to the company being short staffed. The company has indicated that with the new utilization when things pan out they wish to see 1100 pilots on the seniority list.

better lines hopefully......not as many of those early shows and late trips back to base

i could be (and am most likely) completely wrong though

That sounds great! What makes you think that is going to happen though?

just seems to make sense.....schedules aren't the greatest right now.....and since we don't appear to be getting any new jets anytime soon...more people would lighten the load for all involved

Latest resources

Back