Air Wisconsin

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
eight8kcabpilot said:
Anyone commute from Cincinnati or Indianapolis? If so, how hard is it? Are the loads usually light at either?

If there's any US Air flights out of there you're all set. Count on a 40% load factor. There's nothing like that warm fuzzy feeling you get about your mainline carrier's viability than having 15 people on a 1.5 hour flight in a 50 seat a/c...

~wheelsup

i'll be going out of cincy once i'm online.....haven't really checked the express flights but the Delta flights seem to be good so far....i've only gone to ORD, DEN and ATW though...haven't had to head to base yet

Current upgrades are NOT at 2 years, they're 3rd year FO's. Although with the current numbers going through training by June we'll probably be looking at around 2.5 years but that won't be for long.

Dec 2003 hires will upgrade in Feb 2006. That's 2 years and 2 months. As they continue to upgrade 20 per month on top of 30 per month resigning, upgrade time will remain at about 2 years. That number does not include any possible expantion. Current staffing is only 700 pilots. AWAC is 80 crews short for flying for December. They have now resorted to junior manning FO's now as well as Captains daily to cover trips that have no crews assigned. I suspect it may come to the point where new hires will become line holders right out of training.

logolight said:
Dec 2003 hires will upgrade in Feb 2006. That's 2 years and 2 months. As they continue to upgrade 20 per month on top of 30 per month resigning, upgrade time will remain at about 2 years. That number does not include any possible expantion. Current staffing is only 700 pilots. AWAC is 80 crews short for flying for December. They have now resorted to junior manning FO's now as well as Captains daily to cover trips that have no crews assigned. I suspect it may come to the point where new hires will become line holders right out of training.
i sure hope so....CPT starts tomorrow....we're being told though to expect 3-4 weeks after sim training before OE starts due to the shortage....sounds like another paid vacation for me

logolight said:
Dec 2003 hires will upgrade in Feb 2006. That's 2 years and 2 months.

Interesting...I was hired well before Dec 03 and I haven't even been awarded the upgrade yet (yes it should be soon though). A handful of the guys from the last award (Feb 03 hires) won't even go to training till Feb and when they do it will be with people with Aug 03 hire dates ( the class that followed the Feb 03 hires)

Not knit picking, just curious why some people are so intent on skewing things. I'd say the "real" picture is still a very good one. No need to embellish it.

Last edited:
avrodriver said:
Interesting...I was hired well before Dec 03 and I haven't even been awarded the upgrade yet (yes it should be soon though). A handful of the guys from the last award (Feb 03 hires) won't even go to training till Feb and when they do it will be with people with Aug 03 hire dates ( the class that followed the Feb 03 hires)

Not knit picking, just curious why some people are so intent on skewing things. I'd say the "real" picture is still a very good one. No need to embellish it.

My buddy was hired Dec. 03 and says he's 40 away from upgrade. He claims around Feb. 06. Not sure why you think I'm deliberately skewing information though.

I think what he meant to say was Dec of 2002 guys/gals will upgrade in February. That sounds about right to me anyway.

Latest resources

Back