• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Age limitation for 91K

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Somebody at NJA was saying that ICAO is thinking about pushing for Age 65 for Part 135 if that where to happen then I guess anyone over 65 at any of the fractional would be out the door as we do both 135 & 91K trips. GO ICAO!!!!!:cool:

Correct me if I am wrong (because I probably am), but I thought ICAO already had a rule about not have either pilots over 65, and no Captains over 60.

If that is incorrect someone please correct me. I thought I heard that one somewhere.

If they put a 65 age limit on medicals, Flexjet will have to go on a hiring frenzy and start pulling the diapers out of the stock lockers.

That would aggravate the upcoming Pilot Shortage due to expected duty/rest regs and ATP required for new hires @ scheduled airlines. Also no commuting to work on Jump seats lest we be fatigued on our trips.

No more 300 hr airline pilot mills. The Regional Airlines will have to up the pay such that few will want to leave for the Fracs/91K. :)

I forecast future Regional Jet pay to be boosted to along the lines of the pay scales currently posted for NJ, Flex, and Citation Air.

Major Airlines will go back to at least pre 9/11 levels.

Fracs will have to continue to hire the old guys :laugh: ... or up the pay as well. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Been nipping at the spiked holiday eggnog a little early this year Gun?

Okay, ya got me....

Well I heard the new administration was going to fix the airline industry. Right after health care and Cap & Trade....

But seriously ... whats with picking on the more senior pilots? There is not that many of them. Its the young pilots coming up trying to take other people's jobs... first by flying Regional Jets for pennies on the dollar of what the job should pay.:rolleyes:

Then they come to the Fracs and say we're too old, get out of the way.

Uhh ... We were here first. Get in line, sonny.:laugh:

Last edited:
Personally, I don't give a horses patooty (feeble MASH quote) who I share the cockpit with as long as they can do the job. Heck, some of the best tricks I have learned came from the retired airline guys. However, if you cannot get out of your seat because of the two hips you've had replaced,,, time to go drown worms.

If they put a 65 age limit on medicals, Flexjet will have to go on a hiring frenzy and start pulling the diapers out of the stock lockers.

Just think of how much money we could save by not needing to equip the Challengers with Hoverounds.

If we had 65 at the fracs, I would prob still have a freakin' job. Instead, I get to wait for the old-timers who passed up their early-outs to retire.

If we had 65 at the fracs, I would prob still have a freakin' job. Instead, I get to wait for the old-timers who passed up their early-outs to retire.

It just isn't fair Jack. You'd think those old geezers would have the decency to die so you could claim your rightful employment.

Latest resources

Back