Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Where will I be Stingray?

I have 23 yrs before I reach the age of 65,
But If I'm 65 and can still pass a medical and I still have the ability to fly.
I will be fishing, screw the flying as a job "Enjoy Life"

Since you can tell the future, I just wondered where I will be?

This type thread comes up from time to time and you get the same old comments.

When I was your age I had 2 year + tours overseas coming?

Damn! Didn't see that coming?

My plan is to be "wetting worms" at 65 as well. I hope we both make it that far, and, are financially secure enough to carry out our mission!

Good luck to you all.

Take care, Semore

P.S. Just bought a Vette, some guy tried to explain to me which were Stingrays and which weren't.

(Gonna refurb it and try to make a buck or 2 off it)

We need to start an electronic petition to send to the FAA that states. This line of work is a lot more demanding than 121 and, a 65 age limit is necessary. Anyone know how to get one started?

I wouldn't recommend you send anything to the FAA, they'll revoke whatever tickets you have due to your apparent stupidity. On the other hand, knock yourself out.

We need to start an electronic petition to send to the FAA that states. This line of work is a lot more demanding than 121 and, a 65 age limit is necessary. Anyone know how to get one started?

There are a lot of flying jobs that are more demanding than Part 121. Compared to single-pilot night freight, frax flying is a piece of cake. You going to include freight dogs in your petition too? Some of the aerial fire fighting guys might also snicker a bit when they hear about the tough world of frax flying.

We should all just petition for a kabillion dollar pension. The government is handing it out these days so let's make it happen. I'll be fine with a kabillion dollars. No, really.

Never hear from me agin...

I wouldn't recommend you send anything to the FAA, they'll revoke whatever tickets you have due to your apparent stupidity. On the other hand, knock yourself out.

Freakin' funny man!!

We should all just petition for a kabillion dollar pension. The government is handing it out these days so let's make it happen. I'll be fine with a kabillion dollars. No, really.

Never hear from me agin...

See, I was thinking I would need at LEAST 1.5 Kabillion.I would settle though.

BINGO!!!

Though when i am over 65 you can bet i won't be slepping someone's bag around. I am not saying I am better than the guys doing it now but screw that.

The problem is if you screw up your medical at one guy you can go to the next until you find a guy with loose practices. I flew with 'experienced' gentleman whom ask what AME I go to because the one he tried was about to ding him on his eye tests...until he walked out.

If you don't believe me about 'loose' practices, ask any FedEx or Northwest pilot who have used the Dr. Bach assembly line in Germantown, TN. You get a first class medical if show up for it!

There's a Captain at NJA that gets in the cockpit before the owner shows up, because he doesn't want them to see his difficulties with getting in and out. That's pathetic!

That is not true. If you fail a medical you can not go to the next AME and "try again". Once you fail a medical you are done. If you simply go to another and re-apply you will be screwed as one of the questions on the form is "have you failed a medical before". Lie on that and see what the FAA thinks about it.

The trick is to find an easy going AME early on. Truth be told, I'm in the market now. My AME is a ball buster.

Somebody at NJA was saying that ICAO is thinking about pushing for Age 65 for Part 135 if that where to happen then I guess anyone over 65 at any of the fractional would be out the door as we do both 135 & 91K trips. GO ICAO!!!!!:cool:

Latest resources

Back