• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Age limitation for 91K

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
They don't have to die...just get the hell out of a "for hire" cockpit like they knew would be the case when they started this racket. To the CMEI and ATP...plan, it's gonna come. Get ready. Don't be over 60 in a freaking plane schlepping bags. If you are...get out. Times are tough and every paycheck you collect to offset a mismanaged retirement is a paycheck some other guy needs to pay the mortgage.

That said, if any of you know anyone interested in starting flying lessons to "pursue the dream" either tell 'em to stop now or hit them in the head with a hammer.

<<<< The nice thing about Alzheimers is you meet new friends every day.>>>

..... & you can wrap your own Christmas presents!!

You can spot the "more mature" pilots (like me) - you have to jot down notes on the Blackberry to help you remember....... but you can't find the Blackberry for at least 10 mins! :p

Don't forget you can hide your own Easter eggs!

They don't have to die...just get the hell out of a "for hire" cockpit like they knew would be the case when they started this racket. To the CMEI and ATP...plan, it's gonna come. Get ready. Don't be over 60 in a freaking plane schlepping bags. If you are...get out. Times are tough and every paycheck you collect to offset a mismanaged retirement is a paycheck some other guy needs to pay the mortgage.

That said, if any of you know anyone interested in starting flying lessons to "pursue the dream" either tell 'em to stop now or hit them in the head with a hammer.

Hey Super Genius,
You might want to rethink what you're posting.
You might even want to change the way you think.
All your flying-career problems would soon be over with a harassment-hostile work place charge/settlement.
Also you might want to check federal law.
What a bigoted thing to say.

BTW: You might have already helped someone complete step 4.:rolleyes:

How to Prove Age Harassment in the Workplace
As the baby boomer population continues to age, workplace harassment on the basis of age has become a growing problem. More and more frequently, older American workers are subjected to ageist remarks, jokes and slurs, as well as to more aggressive harassment aimed at forcing older workers out of the workplace. In some cases, the older worker in fact resigns his employment due to overbearing emotional and physical stress resulting from the harassment. In other cases, the worker, having no economic alternative, continues to endure the harassment. Under either scenario, when age harassment occurs on a regular and pervasive basis, a cause of action for hostile work environment harassment can be established.
Things You'll Need:

• Diary or notebook with illustrative ageist remarks and misconduct recorded
  • Names of offenders and of witnesses to harassment

1. Step 1
    Review employee handbook for procedures to follow when harassment is perceived to have occurred.
  2. Step 2
    Report the harassment to the manager or other supervisory level person designated by the company’s no-harassment policy. If no such policy exists, report the harassment to your supervisor or head of human resources.
  3. Step 3
    Record in a notebook, diary, or journal any comments said in your presence that reflect a negative or hostile view of your age or of older workers in general. Record details about the speaker and the names of witnesses to the statements.
  4. Step 4
    Retain copies of emails, bulletin board postings and other documents that evidence ageist statements.
  5. Step 5
    Assuming the harassment continues after your report, file a Charge of Discrimination with your local district office of the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission.

Last edited:
Hey, I guess they're right. Senior citizens, although slow and dangerous behind the wheel, can still serve a purpose. I'll be right back. Don't you go dying on me!

If we had 65 at the fracs, I would prob still have a freakin' job.

If you had come to the company earlier, you would still have a job as well?

So, how is this the older guys fault?

I'm donating money from my pay and making cash donations to guys like you.

I think I've made a mistake.

Hey, I guess they're right. Senior citizens, although slow and dangerous behind the wheel, can still serve a purpose. I'll be right back. Don't you go dying on me!

I don't think you realize, what you're joking about here is tantamount to race, color, gender discrimination.
You're essentially doing the same thing as posting racial jokes.
But hey, if you want, there's always a new person wanting their 15 minutes of fame.

It's easy. You either have a medical or not.

It might not be a bad idea to throw some cognitive testing into exam... (but I digress)

I'm all for flying until you want to stop. It sux getting furloughed but it's sure not your fellow[\b] pilots fault.

I don't think you realize, what you're joking about here is tantamount to race, color, gender discrimination.
But hey, if you want, there's always a new person wanting their 15 minutes of fame.

He knows exactly what he is saying It is/was a joke.... 2 posts and both are about how the government can come after you for free speech! He can and we as a country should say what the hell is on our minds without the retaliation of the thugs with the guns coming after you!!!! How bad is it that there is actually a published document about filing for workforce "age" discrimination! grow some balls and take care of yourself in life. America as a whole think racial,gender,etc jokes are funny they always have been and will continue to be, that is why they are so prevalent on "regular" folks E-Mail.......but the mindset due to the race pimps, lawers and govt idiots is "this cannot be tolorated" everyone is equel and if people don't believe that......we should get them (or as you state) give them 15 mins of fame! It's time for folks to stand up and realize it's time to take America back from the generation (sounds like yours) that have created this mess we are in today!!! Flame away I cant wait to have my 15 minutes one more time.....I think Im already up to 4 hours 15 minutes at a time!!!

Originally Posted by CA1900
For CRAP sake, he is quoting a line from Jim Carrey in "Dumb and Dumber"! Lighten up (and please retire while u r at it)!

He knows exactly what he is saying It is/was a joke.... 2 posts and both are about how the government can come after you for free speech! He can and we as a country should say what the hell is on our minds without the retaliation of the thugs with the guns coming after you!!!! How bad is it that there is actually a published document about filing for workforce "age" discrimination! grow some balls and take care of yourself in life. America as a whole think racial,gender,etc jokes are funny they always have been and will continue to be, that is why they are so prevalent on "regular" folks E-Mail.......but the mindset due to the race pimps, lawers and govt idiots is "this cannot be tolorated" everyone is equel and if people don't believe that......we should get them (or as you state) give them 15 mins of fame! It's time for folks to stand up and realize it's time to take America back from the generation (sounds like yours) that have created this mess we are in today!!! Flame away I cant wait to have my 15 minutes one more time.....I think Im already up to 4 hours 15 minutes at a time!!!

Messageboard cowboy/toughguy!
I believe we all the have the right of free speech, but that doesn't exempt you for taking the consequences of what you say at the workplace.
Let's see you do that in public at your job, with witnesses.
Its not funny to the folks that have been/are harrassed.

Sorry, I don't have much time for movies or TV.

Oh and I hope you'll think twice knowing
that checklist stuff is out there;)

Latest resources

Back