Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Age limit will increase to 67 by years end.

• Thread starter pave driver
  • Start date
  • Watchers 42

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Better than the top 500 CA lines.

True. I've had my share of "sleepers" too. They are generally ok to fly with but it's pretty easy to see they are struggling with either memory or fatigue. It would suck to have all the top FO lines filled by these guys who just can't hang it up though. Imagine the top 500 lines filled with the gummers.

BuckMurdock1;2408649 I don't think letting thousands of old gummers who should've retired years ago fly [I said:
another[/I] two years and continue to clog up the seniority list is necessarily the correct approach. Heck- age 60 was the mandatory age for like 50 yrs and now---4yrs after it is changed to 65; people are already b*tching about lengthening it more?!?!?!? The f*cking greed is unbelievable!!!

IMHO, of course...
Sorry Buck,
Your writing is contradictory, "gummers, greed, clogging up the seniority list" you sound bitter and greedy.....
65? I will be lucky to make it to 60, while I like to fly, I actually despise the airline industry, the thought of doing 20 more makes me want to throw up. After having a couple of other careers/jobs, airline pilots are, with few, and I mean few exceptions flat out pu$$ies! If I had a nickel for every pilot who I heard say "I would do this for free" I could retire now, on my own island in the Keys.
BTW my contact at ALPA national asked me how I felt about age 67, I said I hope you can find someone who wants to fly that long.

Last edited:
"BTW my contact at ALPA national asked me how I felt about age 67, I said I hope you can find someone who wants to fly that long."

That means nothing, they'll do what want, one way or another. A good story will be made up, they'll have an explanation, but they'll still do opposite what the membership wants if need be.

Last edited:
"BTW my contact at ALPA national asked me how I felt about age 67, I said I hope you can find someone who wants to fly that long."

That means nothing, they'll do what want, one way or another. A good story will be made up, they'll have an explanation, but they'll still do opposite what the membership wants if need be.
Point is just about every one with a dog in the fight, except the pilots is aware of the impending change.

I had dinner the other night with a friend of mine who is a FAA lawyer. He has said there have already been discussions from their end in legal and it is, in his opinion, going to eventually happen.

Last edited:
I had dinner the other night with a friend of mine who is a FAA lawyer. He has said there have already been discussions from their end in legal and it is, in his opinion, going to eventually happen.
WHOA!
FAA and a lawyer, now there's a double whammy!

F^ck that

I've carried the load in enough awkward situations where the gummers can't lead or fly or both anymore- I have serious issues with age 60+ captains- this is not a popular view, but I think we should let people retire when they're ready, but they should not be captains over 60, in charge of evaluating themselves as they age-
It's dumb- nobody's good at that.

I can't argue with your post. Question: Did you file any reports due to these incidents? If the answer is NO, then you are greasing the skids for another age change.

Latest resources

Back