Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Age limit will increase to 67 by years end.

• Thread starter pave driver
  • Start date
  • Watchers 42

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You're missing the point.

This whole thread is generally inconsiderate to other people.

Don't point this kind of information without a source.

Actually, I think it's kinda funny.

They can't retire. Their job is their only life. Failed marriages, alienated kids, and a 760 sq ft apartment with a cat named spot to come home too and if you let them , they would never retire. Don't go away mad, just go away.

the generation before was called "the greatest generation", these guys are just called, the selfish generation

You're missing the point.

This whole thread is generally inconsiderate to other people.

Don't point this kind of information without a source.

The point was in response to dentures. Sorry if feelings were hurt. Trying to provide information. It's not good to be ignorant. My flight doctor today, 1 hour ago, confirmed this age 67 discussion is occurring as he and other doctors were briefed on this and it is NOT a rumor. His national flight surgeon meetings is where they are discussing this as legislation, he believes, will come in the not too distant future. He is much smarter than I am. I didn't bring up the topic. He did as I was leaving his office. I don't want this as I will be gone in 20, but it is what it is. Prepare my friends. At 60 I will be at my house in Hawaii on my paddle board! 67 is not for me but I haven't had the rug pulled out from my retirement at the last minute as some have in this industry. Legal thievery from airline leadership has caused this. I am one of you and we should support of fellow aviators - not throw stones and eat our young. If I could, I would vote no to the h#ll no! Peace.

I love it. This kinda goes with the old joke, "I might be slow but I am ahead of you". Take a hike you young whipper snappers. Te old guys rule.

The point was in response to dentures. Sorry if feelings were hurt. Trying to provide information. It's not good to be ignorant. My flight doctor today, 1 hour ago, confirmed this age 67 discussion is occurring as he and other doctors were briefed on this and it is NOT a rumor. His national flight surgeon meetings is where they are discussing this as legislation, he believes, will come in the not too distant future. He is much smarter than I am. I didn't bring up the topic. He did as I was leaving his office. I don't want this as I will be gone in 20, but it is what it is. Prepare my friends. At 60 I will be at my house in Hawaii on my paddle board! 67 is not for me but I haven't had the rug pulled out from my retirement at the last minute as some have in this industry. Legal thievery from airline leadership has caused this. I am one of you and we should support of fellow aviators - not throw stones and eat our young. If I could, I would vote no to the h#ll no! Peace.

Okay so why not post this reply as the start of the thread?

the generation before was called "the greatest generation", these guys are just called, the selfish generation
or "Greediest Generation" (rhymes better with 'greatest'). I know someone said it before, but one way to quell this is for DOT/FAA to limit the advancement of Pt.121 flying past 65 to "SIC privileges only". My guess is that the ego on over 1/2 the guys wouldn't let them stoop to being a lowly 'co-pilot' again...so call it a career. Also; I think it should not be a retroactive privilege...as in if you mandatorily retire at age 65, no going back to fly another 2 yrs. Must be 'current'/currently employed when/if limit is extended to be eligible for privileges.

I'm sorry, but I don't think the 'pilot shortage' is going to justify doing something like this. If we are truly heading for a 'pilot shortage', we need to concentrate on bringing people 'into' the industrial pipeline; as in airlines buy some c150s and let aspiring pilots tool around in them until they get their ATPs and then offer them a liveable wage! I don't think letting thousands of old gummers who should've retired years ago fly another two years and continue to clog up the seniority list is necessarily the correct approach. Heck- age 60 was the mandatory age for like 50 yrs and now---4yrs after it is changed to 65; people are already b*tching about lengthening it more?!?!?!? The f*cking greed is unbelievable!!!

IMHO, of course...

Latest resources

Back