Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Age limit will increase to 67 by years end.

• Thread starter pave driver
  • Start date
  • Watchers 42

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The worn-out gummers approaching senility like to lie and present their replacements as low-time CFIs when the truth is that their replacements are high time regional jet pilots and mainline guys who have experience multiple furloughs while the

Lying

Greedy

Craven

Cowardly

Effeminately scared

old men desperately try to hang on to the left seat far beyond their useful years.

What a bunch of p-ssies.

Shoulda saved up your bucks, old man. Not my problem if you have to eat ramen in the nursing home.

Old fools.

The worn-out gummers approaching senility like to lie and present their replacements as low-time CFIs when the truth is that their replacements are high time regional jet pilots and mainline guys who have experience multiple furloughs while the

Lying

Greedy

Craven

Cowardly

Effeminately scarf

old men desperately try to hang on to the left seat far beyond their useful years.

What a bunch of p-ssies.

Shoulda saved up your bucks, old man. Not my problem if you have to eat ramen in the nursing home.

Old fools.

Seems like it is your problem.

I contrast your description and views of Senior Captains with the way I viewed the WWII,
Korean and Vietnam era Captains I have flown with.

Flying with those guys are some of the greatest memories of my Career even with all the bankruptcies, furloughs and strikes.

I'll take my memories over yours any day......

I contrast your description and views of Senior Captains with the way I viewed the WWII,
Korean and Vietnam era Captains I have flown with.

Flying with those guys are some of the greatest memories of my Career even with all the bankruptcies, furloughs and strikes.

I'll take my memories over yours any day......

I flew a lot of those guys myself. You better be real careful before you assume exactly what they probably think of guys like you.

+1 with this post
Many of us have been more than patient and rolled with the punches thru more than a decade of upheaval. I can assure you we have amassed thousands of hours of experience and more than paid our dues. These pilots have enjoyed the advantage of movement provided by age 60 and then gained yet another 5 years to get their house in order. In my opinion that is more than enough time. While I respect those who have come before I ultimately have an obligation to provide the benefits of my hard work to my own family. It has been a pleasure flying with many of them and I have learned a lot but the time has come to move on. Kwick you paint with a very broad brush implying that we are impatient and greedy for wanting exactly the same benefit that the generation before us has enjoyed. I disagree completely with your assessment and would challenge you do a thorough review of the majority (there will always be exceptions) of the previous generations careers and then compare it with what the majority of what this generation of pilots have had to endure. Once complete could you again please share with us how you think WE are the greedy ones.

Great post +1

Latest resources

Back