• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Aeronautical Pet Peeves

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Uneducated comments are not appriciated in any profession. I would have at least pulled that biatch aside and "informed" her on how ignorant she is. Personally I want to cause bodily harm to any passenger who talks like that. And I don't giv-a-do wtf anyone thinks about that.

The_Russian said:
During a seven leg day, you sometimes forget.

My peeves:

135 pilots in the Out Islands that dont follo AIM procedures for pattern flying.

People who dont talk on the radio enough at uncontrolled fields. No you dont need to have a radio installed but I know you do!

People who think if you fly on your days off for fun you are a dork.

People who fly airplanes for a living and dont have any interest in airplanes.

People who came into this business to make a lot of money.

People who get sick in airplanes.

People who can't or won't or have never done aerobatics.

(Notice I call them people not pilots.)

Pilots who think they came into this whole thing "the right way".

Pilots who start fights with other pilots because who they work for.

Pilots who biatch about their union job but dont come to meetings or grieve thing.

Salaies.

No respect for contracts.

Pilots who think NDBs are for idiots. The truth is you are the idiot who doesnt know how to use the NDB.

Management that doesnt want to run an airline. They think they are running a Walmart. Slashing prices like that stupid yellow dot thing.

Women in aviation who are proud of being a woman in aviation.

Gay pilots who come to work with makeup on and think its ok.

Understaffing for cost savings.

The cost of cable TV.

Gas prices.

Ramp agents at FBOs who hate pilots.

FBOs who treat pilots like shoot.

Pilots who use Signature.

Pilots who use max power all the time. Try doing that in your car. I bet you wouldnt want to hurt YOUR baby.

People who should not be allowed to pass a 441 but they let them anyway.

People who fail upgrade or training. No excuse, you are a professional.

People who have flown only: 152/172, PA44, CRJ. Real experience you have there Bob.

Airport "neigbors". Idiots. You knew it was there.

FAA hour requirements for 135. Much to high. Need to be category/class specific.

HGTV, Oxygen, Lifetime, HSN, etc.

Vanity. (yeah im ugly)

Real estate prices in South Florida.

People who dont know anything about how money works. Then they complain they have no money.

Muslim Extremists.

Bahamian ATC.

Pilots who dont like to have fun at work.

Going out fishing all day and catching nothin!

My pizza just got here after a darn hour fifteen so I am dont biatching. Hope I didnt offend anyone.

CYA!!!

Would you like some fries with that?

You must be a joy to fly with, anything else you would like to add to that list?

"People who have flown only: 152/172, PA44, CRJ. Real experience you have there Bob."

I guess your PPL came with all those airplanes you listed. Everybody has to start somewhere, and it's not everybody's goal to fly as many types as possible, Dork.

avbug said:
I suppose most of all it's attitudes like yours that are pet peeves of mine. Who do you think you are?

Oh spare me the sanctimony, avbug. If you've never had a customer, in any business, rub you the wrong way, then you're not human.

I'm not her personal limo driver (or personal pilot). I'm a pilot for an airline. I'm charged with getting my passengers to their destination safely, hopefully on-time, and -- as much as possible -- comfortably.

I briefed the passengers before the flight that the weather was not good at the destination, and that the last few minutes of the flight would be bumpy. I offered that there was plenty of space on the flight in a few hours if anyone wanted to wait for the weather to calm down. I did everything in my power to ensure a smooth flight, but I can only do so much with what nature dishes out. I worked very hard to keep that planeload of passengers safe and comfortable.

You want to cause bodily injury and harm to a paying passenger for her opinion, when you were doing the job you were paid to do? Stay in the cockpit, then. Hide until the passengers deplane.

I've known a few pilots who sounded like you over little things like that...and every one of them should have been on medication or grounded.

Oh, please. I don't hide from my passengers. And if you can't tell the difference between me venting on a message board to other pilots, and actually contemplating causing bodily harm and throwing an F-bomb at a passenger, I think you're the one that needs medication. I'm quite capable of handling myself professionally in front of my passengers. Even when the passengers can't.

But thanks for your concern about my mental state. :nuts:

Last edited:
The_Russian said:
Uneducated comments are not appriciated in any profession. I would have at least pulled that biatch aside and "informed" her on how ignorant she is. Personally I want to cause bodily harm to any passenger who talks like that. And I don't giv-a-do wtf anyone thinks about that.

you will go far grasshopper:)

JimG said:
I'm one of those.

If it's green on the screen (downlink wx)....

It could be mean.

I don't mind a little rain, but if it's showing up on the Avidyne...that information maybe a few minutes old and I'm not sure exactly what's in it NOW.
Pilots who don't understand and don't know how to use their weather radar.

'Sled

pilotmiketx said:
WTF??? What kind of limey douche flies through level 4 cells and doesn't have a working transponder, yet you can buy 2 or 3 737s?

My gripe: Idiots who can't spell CENTER.

Limey douche leaves the poo-nanny clean and smelling citrussy !

Transponder not required for weather penetration !

Delays caused by the unnecessary preferantial treatment of airlines that cost the Federal Reserve lost interest when I'm forced to slow to 170, 20 miles out. My average float per leg 30 to 60 mill.

My gripe ? Being called an Idiot by an idiot.

PS: Sorry about the spelling errors..............

Latest resources

Back