Aeronautical Pet Peeves

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Lrjtcaptain said:
......Pilots who call ground or tower and don't get a response within 2 seconds......sometimes we are off line, i heard you, i just can't talk to you right now, relax, its not as if your going to hit a mountain or an airplane if I don't respond within 2 seconds. Chill, relax, ill answer you when im done.......

Well that works both ways. If you call the pilots and don't get a response then just chill, relax and they'll get to you when they're done with the checklist, USA today, novel................:p

aerodromebum said:
One of my pet peeves: Stereotypical morons like yourself and 414Flyer... Real class act, you two...

I'm not stereotypical. I happened to be asian and i see this kind of stuff day in and day out with my family members and their friends.

Lrjtcaptain said:
The pilot that after I issue an instruction says "say again"

Well...
Is it possible that you were stepped on when the radio call was made? Thus preventing him from hearing you? That's what "say again" is for right?

aerodromebum said:
Yes, I have lived in Asia (South Korea, to be exact). And I know it's just a message board, but I do dislike stereotyping (probably because I deal with it on a regular basis). If 414Flyer and Alin10123 began their sentences with "Some Asians are..." or "The Asians I've met..." Then I wouldn't have any issues with it. But when they imply that ALL Asians (or any other group) are a certain way, then I take exception to it. Because it just isn't true. Do some Asians fit their profile? Of course. But that's the key, SOME, not ALL. That goes true for Asians both here and abroad. Stereotyping is never accurate. Not all Southerners are rednecks. Not all Blacks are into basketball. Not all Embry-Riddle (or any other big-name school) grads are sky gods. And not all Irish have short temper.

Notice i used the term "most". I'm just going off what i've seen. Being asian, asians WILL tell you what's on their mind. Often times if they were brought up in asia there will be like a mask put on when dealing with people from another race. But if you are within their own race, they will let you know the real story. It's just the way it is. I am asian by race but i was brought up american. Thus the reason why i've been able to see almost everything that goes on. There haven't been many to prove me wrong about my observation thus far. I could probably go around and ask many asian kids that were born here in the states and i would be willing to bet that over 95% of the kids would agree with me.

people with so many pet peeves.

dayum some of you people are uptight. life must be good if you've got time to get wrapped up about some of these things. relax, life is more enjoyable when you (or the other guy) are not so anal retentive. :)

Lrjtcaptain said:
The pilot that after I issue an instruction says "say again"

If it happens to you often enough to become a pet peeve then maybe you should check your equipment, timing or technique.

It was fast a lightning...dood it doot doot doot doot doot doo!

dash8driver said:
people with so many pet peeves.

dayum some of you people are uptight. life must be good if you've got time to get wrapped up about some of these things. relax, life is more enjoyable when you (or the other guy) are not so anal retentive. :)

Your avatar is freaking me out, dude.

Latest resources

Back