Aeronautical Pet Peeves

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Not annoying, but funny

Tower: Flexjet XXX, hold for release, I'm waiting on your callback from Chicago, should be about 20 minutes, but I do have some good news...

FlexJ: What's that?

Tower: I just saved a bunch of money on my car insurance by switching to Geico.

Zing!

I think we should use some common sense when using the radio (and when evaluating others' use!).

If it's Sunday at 6am and no one is around I don't give a flip if atc and a pilot are discussing last night's game. Who cares? Chill. No biggie.

If it's busy and every second of airtime counts, 'Seeeyaa', "With You" any extra words at all may screw up the flow.

Heck I doubt 'Thanks for the help' is in the PCG but its not going to bring down a plane or aggravate me in the slightest.

This thread is mainly about how wired us pilots can get!
Perfection as a goal is admirable.... but let's not discard common sense entirely.

TIGV said:
Someone saying: " Checkin' in with ya at ... " when contacting centre

Freight Dogs asking for ride reports

Southwest getting priority even though we're all at 250 under 10 and I can do my 250 to 5nm out aaaaaaand I have enough money in the back of my bird to buy 2 or 3 737's

Centre panicking when I don't contact 'em right away

Centre panicking when my transponder doesn't work

Centre asking about my ride while I'm in a level 4

Freight Dogs forced to wear uniforms

Folks who read back their entire route clearance almost to show off that they remembered it all, while the rest of us wait and gnash our teeth.

The list is long and plentiful, please add..............

WTF??? What kind of limey douche flies through level 4 cells and doesn't have a working transponder, yet you can buy 2 or 3 737s?

My gripe: Idiots who can't spell CENTER.

UnAnswerd said:
Nothing wrong with "with you". Instructor says it all the time...

...except that A.) It's not in the pilot/controller glossary B.) You're not "with" him, you're miles away and thousands of feet up, how can you be "with" him? C.) It's unneccessary, redundant and just plain sounds retarded D.) Makes you the laughing stock of professional pilots everywhere.

OK, my gripes are small, because I say "with you" although, I am trying to get over it.. It has actually started annoying me, so I'm trying to quit. :)

And my gripes are..

Fair weather flyers who think they know everything..

Being cut off on downwind by a Gulfstream 2 who not only cuts me off but then says "we'll be stopping on the runway for a couple of minutes to remove some equipment...."

Guys who will sit and chatty chatty on the CTAF..

I will admit, I love saying "Don't seem em' yet, but I got'em on the fishfinder.." But I am from Alabama and love fishfinders. :)

Almerick07 said:
New one.....people who cant land on the effing centerline!!!

Yea! Like that stupid JetBlue pilot last month! Man! He was about a foot off from the center. He really did a bad job.

jk:rolleyes:

Pilots who lie to mechanics. "Hard landing? No, the landing seemed pretty normal to me."

Pilots who have never learned some of the most basic facts about their airplane's systems. Squawk: "Alternator 2 does not operate until 1700 RPM."
Me: "Good, that's how it's supposed to work."

Netjets crews who create imaginary intermittent squawks just so they can spend a weekend in Chicago, thus wasting my time and their employer's money. You know who you are.

Netjets crews who put the security sticker in a different spot every time. Why? Do you like making a mess all over the door? Why not put the new sticker in the same spot as the old one? That way, the mess will be confined to one small spot.

Netjets crews who apparently have their young children write their squawks for them, judging by the handwriting and grammar.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back