• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Aeronautical Pet Peeves

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yeah, the "departing, etc. the active" at an uncontrolled airfield...

My instructor makes me use "clear of the active" after we have landed and cleared the runway, it would make much more sense to use "clear of Runway 5"- that way, others know exactly where you are. I guess that adds to my pet peeves instructors who don't teach correct procedures to students who don't know any better.

Fuzzy_is_Hungry said:
Adding an "s" to the end of your airline name. i.e. "United's 342" or "Delta's 177"
Yeah, what's up with that? Is there some reason or tradition behind that, cuz I hear plenty of Delta'S, United'S, Comair'S out there and I always found it a bit odd.

Not a pet peeve really, just curious.

TIGV said:
AAAAhhh! It's You !!!!!!!!!!!!

Who do you fly for that pays you enough to afford chips and soda ? They hiring ?

LOL.
:D

They don't pay us much, they just work us so much that when payday comes, it seems like it. Doh!

I think they're probably hiring. Bring some KY, and some No-Dose- a 14 hour day is considered short, and whether you get a hotel or not on the road because you're fatigued is an "office decision."

One more week and I'm going to do this ----> :smash: to that evil pager, and one particular dispatcher. :laugh:

the Pilots that insist on driving around with their ice lights on. Especially on the ground. The only thing you are doing is night blinding anyone at your 8 and 4 positions.

Radio hogs doing touch and goes at uncontrolled airports.

"ABC traffic, Cessna 1234X departing runway x.... ABC"
"ABC traffic, Cessna 1234X upwind runway x...ABC"
"ABC traffic, Cessna 1234X left crosswind runway x....ABC"
"ABC traffic, Cessna 1234X left downwind runway x... ABC"
"ABC traffic, Cessna 1234X left base runway x... ABC"
"ABC traffic, Cessna 1234X turning final runway x... ABC"
"ABC traffic, Cessna 1234X short final touch and go runway x... ABC"

TIGV said:
Freight Dogs forced to wear uniforms

I'm forced to wear a uniform, but with that, I'm forced to NOT kneel and load the plane.

I'll buy the pretty shirts on my expense account and not bend over, thank you very mucho.

oh, I forgot to mention...my biggest pet peeve!

Mesaba and citation or three holer corporate pilots that expect me to violate my 135 ops manual and cancel, because they are better than me.

Guess what? poney up the cash or take a lap and wait your turn just like anybody else.

Instructors at FSI who make up answers to your questions.

SO TRUE!!!!!!!! DRIVES ME CRAZY!!!!!

Also, "searching for the traffic" or "got him ont he fish finder" instead of "negative contact"

Latest resources

Back