• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Aeronautical Pet Peeves

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Kids today need more discipline. We are breeding a bunch of sissies just because nobody wants to spank their kids, and if they do they are called abusive parents. Or maybe that's just the way natural selection works nowdays. But then they willbe living off the goverment.......

Last edited:
If my pax don't wake up until I open the door, then I've done my job.

Or you left the bleeds off. One or the other. ;)

Are you talking like spankings or like beating?

Nothing wrong with spanking your child. IF they diserve it.

We are breeding a bunch of pussies just because nobody wants to spank their kids, and if they do they are called abusive parents.

Smack a child in my presence and one may be bleeding out of body parts one didn't know one had. Compared to my friendly attitude at that point in time, the angle of death is a nice guy.

Visit this and read some very scientific, very fact based thinking, research, and understanding on the issues of any corporal punishment of children...then rethink spanking kids.

http://nospank.net/toc.htm

Start with Plain Talk About Spanking, by Jordan Riak.

Last edited:
Pilots that leave their landing lights on at night when I am trying to park them

Pilots that turn their pulse lights, comet flash strobes, and anything else you can think of before they even start their engines, but forget to turn their nav lights on in the dark

Pilots who think their request is the most important, when I have ten other airplanes to take care of. The world isn't going to stop turning if you have to wait five for some ice

Pilots who think all line guys are total idiots

People that ask for change back when they give me a ten spot for a ride to the hotel, after they just get out of their brand new SR22

Pilots who just show up at the airport on a busy saturday morning and ask for their aircraft to be pulled up so they can leave asap, then complain it took too long. Well sir, you haven't flown in two months, so your airplane is in the back of the hangar, I had to dump the hangar, along with all the other things I had to do. If you had called an hour ago, it would have been sitting on the line ready to go when you got here.

Pilots who ask for their plane out asap, then call to cancel right after we get it out of the back of the hangar.

Lazy line guys that don't see the big picture, and make the rest of us look bad

Pilots that fly something that burns jet-a, and sit on the ramp forever after they started engines. I would have much rather gotten you a GPU so you can get your clearance and not put up with all that noise. MU-2 and Turbo Commander pilots are the worst.

Slow line guys

South Florida drivers

Anyone from the islands

Anyone that has an extra loud exhaust on their vehicle

Anyone that drives an 95 Explorer that has more bondo than paint, but has 22" Chrome spinners

Hippies!!!!

I think it's around 180.. :)

I will admit, my parents didn't spank me too often that I can remember, all it took was one look from dad and I ceased whatever nonsense I was in the middle of.. :) However - I think if your spanking and leaving marks, welts, etc - that's way out of line..

I've been thinking personally about carrying a bottle of water and just squirting my kids in the forehead everytime they screw up.. :)

avbug said:
Smack a child in my presence and one may be bleeding out of body parts one didn't know one had. Compared to my friendly attitude at that point in time, the angle of death is a nice guy.

Visit this and read some very scientific, very fact based thinking, research, and understanding on the issues of any corporal punishment of children...then rethink spanking kids.

An eye for an eye, eh? I don't disagree with you on the spanking issue, but you are advocating repaying violence with violence, which doesn't seem right either. Where does the cycle end?

-Goose

Last edited:
Goose Egg said:
An eye for an eye, eh? I do not necessarily disagree with you on the spanking issue, but I you are advocating repaying violence with violence, which doesn't seem right either.

And he tells me I need medication! :erm:

New one for me....

Pilots who, when landing on a 9000 foot long, dry runway, with a 10 knot headwind, use max reverse on landing. And I truly mean MAX.

I've never heard such a terrible sound before.

Latest resources

Back