Aeronautical Pet Peeves

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
avbug said:
"Could Not Duplicate" as a way of clearing any maintenance writeup.

Does it count if I wrote it on the squawk sheet after "Oil level low!" when there's 110 gallons of oil and an oil can 5 feet away?

avbug said:
The Phillips Head screw.

Yeah seriously!

avbug said:
People who overtorque the Phillips Head Screw.

Or people who stripped it taking it off last time they overtorqued it and then reinstall and overtorque it.

avbug said:
Cheap tools, and people who use them.

Can't say I agree with you completely... but there are some tools I wouldn't go cheap on.

avbug said:
That's a few to start. I'll think of more when I'm awake.

You make me sick ;)

Lead Sled said:
Pilots who don't understand and don't know how to use their weather radar.

'Sled

Naw...that's not it really.

It's the big yellow streak down the middle of my back.

rubicon789 said:
Pilots asking to deviate for weather when it is only rain. I mean come on you corp punks it will save you some time cleaning the bugs of those pretty slats. I can see if it is a convective cell or something but other then that just FLY and shut up.

I feel better now!!!

You're real cool pounding through the rough stuff held aloft by 20,000 hour spars. How, pray tell, can one tell if a cell is convective on the radar? I've seen some pretty nasty looking stuff that only painted green. And I've flown through some wicked rough stuff that didn't show up at all. So my point is, if I can take the deviation and keep my passengers comfortable, then yeah, I'm gonna do it and I could give 2 shi*s what some minimum wage prebuscent punk thinks. If my pax don't wake up until I open the door, then I've done my job.

avbug said:
Anybody who strikes children. One of these days I'm going to be in an FBO or terminal somewhere, and someone is going to strike their child in front of me, and they'll be hauling me out in cuffs and that person on a gurney.

Are you talking like spankings or like beating?

FAA Inspectors on a witch hunt that don't know what to do when they find a witch and act surprised when they get zapped.

Maintenance squawks resolved with "it's always done that" despite the rest of the 3000+ strong fleet of airplanes that don't do that.

Jet pilots afraid of the 'little' airplanes.

FBOs that treat me terribly when I'm in a little plane and stop fueling the little plane to roll out the red carpet for me when I'm in a big plane.

Hangar rents at VNY.

$5.55 per gallon avgas.

LAWA's contract clause allowing collection of back rent increases in a lump sum.

Politics.

The law that says I can't thump some idiot that bought their house at a discount then complains there is an airport nearby.

The idiot complaining about the airport noise but you can't hear him over his motorcycle w/tuned exhaust.

Noise sensors.

People that ask if I'm the best then ask me to lower my rate.

People that take 30 minutes to figure out I'm too expensive for them.

EXEC and discontinuities.

People who belly-ache about my letting off steam.

Tram said:
Are you talking like spankings or like beating?

Nothing wrong with spanking your child. IF they diserve it.

But there is a huge difference in spanking for discipline and beating.

-mini

Latest resources

Back