Aeronautical Pet Peeves

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Tailwheelman said:
Pilots who insisted on discussing their political, religious and moral beliefs in the cockpit. (I'll get more out of reading the instructions on the vomit bag)

Approach, Departure, and tower controllers in Phoenix, AZ

Anyone who is under the impression that they are so special they demand that all "all other traffic please advise"

Mental Giants who start their radio calls with "UUUUUHHHHHHHHHHHHH!" (think it through then press the button)

Guys at uncontrolled fields that listen to 3 or 4 airplanes make radio calls in the pattern such as "so and so, downwind for runway 9" wait for a gap on CTAF then use it to call unicom and ask "which runway is the active today"

The AMF pilot in the Lance at PHX that in the middle of rush hour ate up 7000 feet of runway getting his Lance down and stopped, forcing me to have to go around and spend another 30 minutes circling outside class B waiting to getting sequenced in again. (Thank you sir....you are an inspiration to us all)

Guys who after being handed off to another controller end their reply to the previous controller with "SSSSSEEEEEEEE YYYAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!. (Your are not a VJ for MTV just say thank you and carry on with your day)

The CAP pilot I saw taxiing out in an old Mooney with a current issue military flight helmet on and the dang visor down. (anyone who feels this is necessary equipment to fly a 40 year old Mooney needs to be locked in a portable toilet and set on fire!)

Pilots on Flight Info who list every single airplane they have ever flown.

Last edited:
Goose Egg said:
An eye for an eye, eh? I do not necessarily disagree with you on the spanking issue, but I you are advocating repaying violence with violence, which doesn't seem right either. Where does the cycle end?

-Goose

exactly. looking at the threat, his comparison with the "angle" of death determined that the "angle" would be nicer and taking into account that the "angle" doesnt maim. one could only conclude that he is implying he would murder someone over spanking their child.

i can see it now. a mom gives a spank on the butt to her kid and avbug comes in and beats the woman to death. so now we know who beats up on women.

i guess taking the high road to fix a problem is out. when your plane, car or computer quits working are you one of those types that punch it?

i guess it would be too much trouble to try to educate the parent instead of committing violence against them.... hrmm.. do i smell hypocracy? if you're not willing to take the time to properly handle a situation, how can you expect someone else to?

logolight said:
Captains who give you crap for using the flight spoilers.
How about FOs who use the spoilers WAAAAAY too much for no reason other than they think it's cool. Like using them in level flight to lose speed. They're for "go down," not "slow down."

I punch my stuff when I get mad at it.. but I wasn't spanked as a child.. :)

An eye for an eye, eh? I don't disagree with you on the spanking issue, but you are advocating repaying violence with violence, which doesn't seem right either. Where does the cycle end?

It has nothing to do with retribution. It has to do with preventing it in the first place, or stopping it in progress. Whatever it takes, no limits.

No regrets.

his comparison with the "angle" of death determined that the "angle" would be nicer and taking into account that the "angle" doesnt maim. one could only conclude that he is implying he would murder someone over spanking their child.

I said nothing of murder. Angel for the spelling police. And yes, the "angel" of death certainly does maim. My viewpoint, which you will never in this lifetime change, is that it's NEVER okay to hit a child, intimidate a child, or abuse a child, and god help you if you do so in my presence, because there is no force on earth that will help you then.

Whatever it takes. You conclude what you like. Just don't abuse a child in any way, shape or form in my sight, and it will never be an issue for you.

i guess it would be too much trouble to try to educate the parent instead of committing violence against them....

Certainly. Whatever it takes. No limits. No regrets. Ever.

Try me.

Obviously never worked with Tri-wings or Torq-sets.

Sure, all the time. But maniac pilots don't screw up torq screws or triwings...it takes hamhanded mechanics to do that. What I hate are screws that are worn out, usually from people who dont' know how to use a simple screwdriver, that have been overtorqued, and either end up needing an easy out or an old man to get out.

semperfido said:
"wind check" "wind check""wind check"....it is somewhere between 5 and 20 kts--who cares:)

EXACTLY!!!

avbug said:
I said nothing of murder. Angel for the spelling police. And yes, the "angel" of death certainly does maim. My viewpoint, which you will never in this lifetime change, is that it's NEVER okay to hit a child, intimidate a child, or abuse a child, and god help you if you do so in my presence, because there is no force on earth that will help you then.

no the angel of death is called the angel of death because death is the outcome. otherwise he'd be called the angel of maim. you dont have to implicitly use the word murder. comparing your actions as being more favorable than dying via the angel of death is all thats needed to imply murder.

avbug said:
Whatever it takes. You conclude what you like. Just don't abuse a child in any way, shape or form in my sight, and it will never be an issue for you.

Certainly. Whatever it takes. No limits. No regrets. Ever.

Try me.

lots of big talk there. are you telling me that you'd punch a woman if she so much as put a single swat on the bottom of a child?

i'm not saying i disagree with you on the spanking issue.. but your chest thumping, woman beating threats are amusing if not worrisome. it also completely deflates any validity you may have to your point.

you'd get a lot farther educating people, like the psych from that website does, than by beating down women. not only that, you wont spend as much time in jail. also remember that some states allow people to shoot to prevent a kidnapping. i sure hope for your sake that when you start beating a woman and pulling on their kid that someone doesnt shoot you thinking that you're attempting a kidnapping.

Latest resources

Back