• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AA recalls starting to increase

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
>> Icahn sold the 3 routes to AA for the same price he was going to sell all 6 routes to AA. The other 3 routes were sold to USAir for 80 million.

One of the routes that went to USAir was BWI LHR. <<

Thanks Jeff! Now that rings a bell.

Another thing Icahn was able to do as the private owner of TWA: Just after he took the co. private we had a fleet of L1011's. Old but paid for. He sold them to his own leasing co. So now TWA has these old widebodies AND we're paying lease payments. And the cash went; well you know where it went.

and another thing...

I am very familiar with what you have stated below as well. All the red ground equipment was sold to one of the Icahn ego companies and then leased back at a higher rate. DC9 sim sold for 3 million and then TWA had to pay over 3 million a year to rent what they used to own.

I just finished dinner, now it is not settling too well.

How about offering to let my ride that scooter of yours in the avatar? Now, that would make me feel better. I've got the type rating!!!

>>

Another thing Icahn was able to do as the private owner of TWA: Just after he took the co. private we had a fleet of L1011's. Old but paid for. He sold them to his own leasing co. So now TWA has these old widebodies AND we're paying lease payments. And the cash went; well you know where it went.

Last edited:
>> How about offering to let my ride that scooter of yours in the avatar? Now, that would make me feel better. I've got the type rating!!! <<

Look, don't touch! Ya, it's a 1975 Suzuki GT750. It's big claim to fame; it was the first modern water cooled bike. Not a big deal now but back in '72 (first year) mags were saying: "A radiator? On a motorcycle"?!!!

Also 3 cyl, 2 stroke, a unique bike.

Now Jeff, when do you expect recall and will you accept?

A question I have: Will AA need to even hire after these 2900ish recalls?? Essentially this IS their hiring for this cycle....what type of retirement numbers are we looking at for 2009-2015? Will hiring commence after the recalls? In the end I know what the answer is, hire until furlough and furlough until hire......

The scooter....

...my first scooter was a 1969 Honda 750cc. I believe it was the the of the 750cc class. It had a similar look, just bigger.

You can ride the MD Scooter anytime, as long as I get a pay assignment!!! "Paint it green and fly it to Moline!"

I am less than 600 numbers out from getting the call (not counting the bypassers) and will defer as long as possible. I was projected to get called before the end of the year, but now think it will be next year.

For the last poster (future AA applicant) I think AA will hire off the street, as many will exercise the 3 year bypass option. The 3 year clock does not start until the very last of the almost 2900 pilots has had the chance for recall (received the call).

It could be feasible that AA would need to hire off the street in 2009.

>> How about offering to let my ride that scooter of yours in the avatar? Now, that would make me feel better. I've got the type rating!!! <<

Look, don't touch! Ya, it's a 1975 Suzuki GT750. It's big claim to fame; it was the first modern water cooled bike. Not a big deal now but back in '72 (first year) mags were saying: "A radiator? On a motorcycle"?!!!

Also 3 cyl, 2 stroke, a unique bike.

Now Jeff, when do you expect recall and will you accept?

Fellas, the AA/TWA deal sucked for EVERYONE except the greedy corporate bastages who walked with million$. I am one of those 17 year native FO's. I remember getting my new seniority number that year and moving down several hundred. At the same time, a lot of long-term TWA guys were stapled and screwed. Then furloughed. I had it good compared to many.

FWIW I think I've picked up maybe 3 trips in 5 years, even when my monthly PROJ drops into the 60's due to cancellations. Guys pick up trips because in some cases, if they don't they will lose their homes. The whole thing stinks. I hope in years to come, the wounds will heal, all furloughees will be working, and we'll hire again off the street. In the meantime, it's time to fight for a contract that will define our profession, at AA and possibly beyond AA, for decades. THIS IS THE BIG ONE. If we cannot get it back now, I don't think we ever will.

Fellas, the AA/TWA deal sucked for EVERYONE except the greedy corporate bastages who walked with million$. I am one of those 17 year native FO's. I remember getting my new seniority number that year and moving down several hundred. At the same time, a lot of long-term TWA guys were stapled and screwed. Then furloughed. I had it good compared to many.

FWIW I think I've picked up maybe 3 trips in 5 years, even when my monthly PROJ drops into the 60's due to cancellations. Guys pick up trips because in some cases, if they don't they will lose their homes. The whole thing stinks. I hope in years to come, the wounds will heal, all furloughees will be working, and we'll hire again off the street. In the meantime, it's time to fight for a contract that will define our profession, at AA and possibly beyond AA, for decades. THIS IS THE BIG ONE. If we cannot get it back now, I don't think we ever will.

dude you kill me, you mean you moved down several hundred #'s man that must have been devestating......how do you cope my friend
Based on your first comment I have to assume you don't pick up trips out of laziness and nothing more, you have shown your hand....buh bye

I had it good compared to many. At the same time, a lot of long-term TWA guys were stapled and screwed.

dude, you're a MORON. I AM ON YOUR SIDE! Did you even read my post? Idiot. Don't presume to tell me what I think.

Swede, disregard his post, he obviously didn't get it. You came through loud and clear.

71driver... get a clue man, he is on your side.

Latest resources

Back