• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AA recalls starting to increase

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Fellas, the AA/TWA deal sucked for EVERYONE except the greedy corporate bastages who walked with million$. I am one of those 17 year native FO's. I remember getting my new seniority number that year and moving down several hundred. At the same time, a lot of long-term TWA guys were stapled and screwed. Then furloughed. I had it good compared to many.

FWIW I think I've picked up maybe 3 trips in 5 years, even when my monthly PROJ drops into the 60's due to cancellations. Guys pick up trips because in some cases, if they don't they will lose their homes. The whole thing stinks. I hope in years to come, the wounds will heal, all furloughees will be working, and we'll hire again off the street. In the meantime, it's time to fight for a contract that will define our profession, at AA and possibly beyond AA, for decades. THIS IS THE BIG ONE. If we cannot get it back now, I don't think we ever will.

My seniority dropped about 11,000 numbers the day yours went down "a few hundred". Yeah, you and I really got hosed that year. Those management bastards. Thank goodness for the APA.

PIPE

Swede, disregard his post, he obviously didn't get it. You came through loud and clear.

71driver... get a clue man, he is on your side.

Hey chief I got it loud and clear he is belly aching about losing 300 #'s, I lost my job and I am still out of a job, I lost over 2000 numbers. I appreciate him being on our side but to even type he lost a few hundred numbers is the equalivalent of standing next to your neighbor after his house burnt down and saying
"hey sorry man I know how you feel some of the timbers from your house singed my vinyl siding, you can't see it from here but if you get real close up to it you can notice the smudge"

Is that clear enough for you guys, surely even you two can understand that

So listen up gents, both of you, pull your head out of your arse, because if you share that type of a story with a guy just returning to AA he will know your a jackass right quickly.....then again he is bound to figure it out anyway

Hey chief I got it loud and clear he is belly aching about losing 300 #'s, I lost my job and I am still out of a job, I lost over 2000 numbers. I appreciate him being on our side but to even type he lost a few hundred numbers is the equalivalent of standing next to your neighbor after his house burnt down and saying
"hey sorry man I know how you feel some of the timbers from your house singed my vinyl siding, you can't see it from here but if you get real close up to it you can notice the smudge"

Is that clear enough for you guys, surely even you two can understand that

So listen up gents, both of you, pull your head out of your arse, because if you share that type of a story with a guy just returning to AA he will know your a jackass right quickly.....then again he is bound to figure it out anyway

Loud and clear? Not. You got static, boy. Re-read the post again, and you'll see that he is NOT bitching about his 300 number loss, but rather stating that he is LUCKY compared to a lot of you guys who TOOK IT UP THE ARSE.

Is that clear enough for your arse, sir, or do you need more sympathy thrown your way? :rolleyes:

Sheez!

Loud and clear? Not. You got static, boy. Re-read the post again, and you'll see that he is NOT bitching about his 300 number loss, but rather stating that he is LUCKY compared to a lot of you guys who TOOK IT UP THE ARSE.

Is that clear enough for your arse, sir, or do you need more sympathy thrown your way? :rolleyes:

Sheez!

Do we need to review again who is ultimately responsible for putting things up arses?

Just like ALPA, the APA is its membership - Swede included.

I agree, Swede did not have any evil intent with his post - in fact there was even a hint of empathy. What is lacking however, is a true understanding of the career devastation that some of us suffered.

To provide another analogy: Swede flies a relief flight into Indonesia after the tidal wave. As he walks off the airplane: "Wow guys, this sucks. My sump pump failed last spring and I had water in my basement so I know how you feel".

Again, Swede didn't mean any harm. Fact is though, Swede IS the APA. I lost 11000 numbers to the APA's actions. I WILL NOT SUCCUMB TO STOCKHOLM SYNDROME -- EVER!

PIPE

PS- It's not personal, it's just business. That's how my AA friends justified what they were doing/saying seven years ago, so I suppose it'll do just fine for me to abrogate responsibility now.

>> ...my first scooter was a 1969 Honda 750cc. I believe it was the the of the 750cc class. It had a similar look, just bigger. <<

Jeff, that would be the famous CB750. You had the first year! If you still had it, in good shape, do you know how much it would be worth? Quite a bit!

Sorry about the hijack!

OK guys - I refuse to get embroiled in yet another endless argument of who screwed who and how much. Everyone knows the details... nobody's arguing as to who's to blame. I'm glad at least someone other than me has seen that Swede's post was to acknowledge his luck. Unfortunately, that very action highlights another pilot's bad luck.

That said, let's stick to recalls and motorcycles. My Vespa 150cc 4-speed manual got up to 60mph with a tailwind tonight... I was actually able to keep up with traffic!

Agreed, although next time you express losing 300 numbers add the word "luckily" then it won't be misconstruded, seriously though, glad to see you guys are at least reading this post to educate yourself about how it really went down.
take er easy

someone's gotta to highjack it....

....it gets real sensitive trying to walk through operations around here. I just want to fly jets and ride scooters and I don't even have a scooter anymore.

It's just all the politics and broken careers keeping getting in the way. So I will be bypassing for a while.

The 1969 Honda 750cc that I had did not have the CB750cc insignia. It would be worth quite a bit now for sure.

Side note: I have never had a lock on my flight case. Rubber dog poop was never a concern. It might become standard issue in the future.:):):)

>> ...my first scooter was a 1969 Honda 750cc. I believe it was the the of the 750cc class. It had a similar look, just bigger. <<

Jeff, that would be the famous CB750. You had the first year! If you still had it, in good shape, do you know how much it would be worth? Quite a bit!

Sorry about the hijack!

Latest resources

Back