AA recalls starting to increase

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Oct 3rd, 2007.

No need to use the BS card. Plenty of ex-TWA guys in my class, check the roster on AA pilots.

Some of them had Capt. re-instatement rights on the -80..

Lowest Capt seniority right now is # 8880.

Perhaps some of the guys in my class had previously deferred....Lots of gray hair among them.

3 or 4 of them came from Focus...Good timing.

The senior ex-TWA guy in the October 3 class was a previous deferral, but only from August. He is now #9509. The #8880 guy was in the first recall class back in January 2007. The gray hairs are probably because the ex-TWA guys in your class were hired in late 1988/early 1989. All of them have Captain reinstatement rights because they had flown Captain for about 3 years prior to being furloughed.

XTW

Remember we were "Aquired not hired".

TWA may not survived post 9-11, no one knows for sure. Just like AA may not survive long term. UAL has appeared on deaths door. NWA and DAL have filed bankruptcy. No one in this industry has a crystal ball. If you say you do then your full of shi+.

Remember that TWA went out of business before AA bought them, so it wasn’t really a merger in the normal sense.

If TWA went of business then I guess DAL, NWA, USAir and UAL did too. There is a big difference between entering bankruptcy and going out of business.

your facts are wrong. are you confusing recall rights with actual recall positions?

no twa'ers are coming off the street to the left seat. in fact, one recently told me a check airman told him before a session, "That Supplement CC has really worked out for you."

To which his bewildered sim partner (a BOS based 767 FO upgrading on the 80 - a 90 hire) defended with, "Yeah, 4 1/2 years on the street worked out real well for him."

Some people still have blinders on in the Luftwaffe.

This is wrong.

The fact is, as mentioned above that one former TWA pilot did come back from furlough and directly into the left seat of an MD80 in STL. This can be verified by anyone with access to the APA web site. It is listed under the Benefits/Sevices, then the Furlough section, then Recall Stats.

Last edited:
If TWA went of business then I guess DAL, NWA, USAir and UAL did too. There is a big difference between entering bankruptcy and going out of business.

You need to get your history straight. What were Bill Compton's comments? I don't recall any of the CEO's from the airlines you mentioned giving up and telling the employees that their "were no white knights'.

FYI another FACT is that in 1999 all of the airlines that you mentioned were profitable and in 1999 (a great year for airline profits) TWA was the ONLY major airline that was not profitable.

Ican killed TWA, not AA. It's sad but true

9/11 caused the BK's that you mentioned.

TWA CEO Bill Compton's Senate Testimony for those who want the truth:
http://judiciary.senate.gov/oldsite/te020701wc.htm

"We can no longer afford to operate, let alone sustain these advances. TWA's Many Successes Have Not Been Enough."

Finally, this winter we ran out of time. By January 10, 2001, TWA had cash on hand of only $20 million and needed more than that amount just to make it through the next day. With our cash reserves nearly depleted and a major financial commitment to lenders coming due, our backs were squarely against the wall. "

"Only American Airlines saw fit this winter to come forward with a proposal that was not merely an offer to cherry-pick a prized asset here or there."

No one in this industry has a crystal ball. If you say you do then your full of shi+.

Not sure anybody has claimed a crystal ball except those who said TWA would/could have made it on their own after 9/11 without AA..If so you are probably right.

You got 4 years on the street because of two things, both completely unrelated to TWA.

The first was 9/11, and the second was because you were on the bottom of the seniority list.

How hard is it for you to accept that what happened to you would have happened with/without the acquisition of TWA?

Huh?

You are the one that said I got so much value for my money being a junior AA native. I just did not se it that way when i got hundreds of TWA on the list senior to me, then a furlough notice in the mail.

Twist and turn and play victim all the way, but not many AA pilots felt we lucked out with the TWA purchase. In fact many thought we would be better off in the long (and short) run without TWA.

Whatever, wishful thinking won't change reality, this was Carty's idea and shortly after, he was carted off the property. Thanks Uncle Don..:rolleyes:

TWA CEO Bill Compton's Senate Testimony for those who want the truth:
http://judiciary.senate.gov/oldsite/te020701wc.htm

"We can no longer afford to operate, let alone sustain these advances. TWA's Many Successes Have Not Been Enough."

Finally, this winter we ran out of time. By January 10, 2001, TWA had cash on hand of only $20 million and needed more than that amount just to make it through the next day. With our cash reserves nearly depleted and a major financial commitment to lenders coming due, our backs were squarely against the wall. "

"Only American Airlines saw fit this winter to come forward with a proposal that was not merely an offer to cherry-pick a prized asset here or there."

Yeah, let's play "Your CEO said this..." I guess they ALL tell the truth, don't they G4G5? What were Carty's statements about "fair and equitable?"

stlflyguy

Latest resources

Back