• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

9e/xj/9l picketing 12/10 mem

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Is Mesaba and Colgan MEC not afraid of the possible repercussions in the future for advising their pilots NOT to support another ALPA group?
I agree. This is just a bad idea all around and is going to cause a lot of friction.

[FONT=&quot] Scheduling, insurance, compensation and vacation. They should have it all wrapped up by lunchtime![/FONT]

Wow only 4 items left!!!! Those 4 items are the biggest and that should take about 2 yrs! You guys are dillusional thinking you're making progress with this company. You'll see soon enough how Corp is going to bend you over. Mesaba's MEC should be ashamed of herself. This will be worst than the USAir/American West fiasco.

Wow only 4 items left!!!! Those 4 items are the biggest and that should take about 2 yrs! You guys are dillusional thinking you're making progress with this company. You'll see soon enough how Corp is going to bend you over. Mesaba's MEC should be ashamed of herself. This will be worst than the USAir/American West fiasco.
all brought to you by ALPA.

I would normally agree the picketing is a bit of a waste but I do know that when you time it just before Christmas and you get the propper news coverage it has a way a hitting the airline where it hurts the most. Delta isn't going to like the negative publicity. Even though it's informational in nature, as soon as joe public sees pilots marching with signs, they will go out of there way to avoid that airline for fear their flight won't leave. This will have a financial impact on the airline. That serves as an incentive. Will it be a powerful enough of one? Doubtful. Especially if Mesaba and Colgan aren't going to help out.

This whole thing has just convinced me that the Mesaba MEC is still ignorant as to who it is they are negotiating with. The tactic is an old one and it's obvious. They will continue to make progress until the holidays are past then it peters out and the pilots are left standing there holding there wangs with nothing to show for there efforts. 9E management just has to squeek by the holiday travel rush then the pressure is off. I always understood that it's better to learn from others mistakes then to make them yourself. I guess the XJ MEC missed that advice from their parents. They've had 6 years to see the process as it's been applied to 9E and yet they are willing to fall for the same old gag themselves at the first opportunity. Or should I say 2nd or 3rd? I can't remember how many deadlines have passed now. Let the holidays sneak by, lose that ace up your sleeve. Swing and a miss. I thought you guys were supposed to be hot $hi# or something? Maybe just $hi#.

Mesaba MEC and the top half of our pilot group is well versed in negotiations. We are well aware of stall tactics and the other typical manuevers that management uses to apply pressures during negotations.

Like I said before, 9E management is not tougher, smarter, or even more cunning than our management group. They are just different. Mesaba has overcome many pressures over the past 9 years.

Now, lets talk about these negotiations. Moving of deadlines a few days is not a delay tactic. It is part of the bargaining to try to reach a deal. If they were to move to next month and scheduled to have only 1 or 2 sessions scheduled then I would agree that they are delaying. Lets also realize that the type of negotiating we are doing is not Section 6 negotiations.

I will say it again. These are not section 6 negotiations....Yes, that goes for the Pinnacle pilot group also. No section 6 negotiations for anybody. Now if the Pinnacle pilot group broke off and negotiates on their own for their own contract, I would say that would be section 6 negotiations. Since we are not in section 6 their is no reason for management to delay. They could simply stand up and say we are not negotiating anymore.

Email Update

For ALL of you that want negotiations to fail and/or break down, PATIENCE!!!!!!!!!!!

Joint Negotiating Committee UpdateDecember 9, 10:00 PM EDT

At this hour the JNC continues to meet with management in Herndon, VA in an attempt to complete negotiations for a joint contract for all three pilot groups.

Today we reached agreement on Section 1 (Scope), one of the most critical aspects of this joint agreement. Coupled with the already agreed-upon Parent Agreement, our Scope section protects the flying our three carriers perform for Pinnacle Corp., as well as ensuring critical labor protections in the event of a purchase of another carrier or the sale of one of our operations. We have also reached agreement on Section 13 (Leaves of Absence) and Section 26 (General), closing up a number of issues that lingered throughout this negotiation.

Discussion continues on Section 25 (Scheduling), with both sides making significant moves to bring the contract to resolution. We believe our Scheduling proposals meet both parties’ needs in this critical area. Discussions on Section 27 (Insurance) also continue.

Beyond Scheduling and Insurance, the only remaining sections on the table are Section 3 (Compensation) and Section 7 (Vacation). We will continue to keep you updated as negotiations progress.

Our Unity is Our Strength.

It has taken 68 days to complete what took 9E 5 years of negotiations. These last items are the same "last items" negotiated in ANY contract. I would call this "making progress." Have some patience, let the negotiators do their job.

As to being ashamed, you might want to call your DAL reps, because the last I heard DAL was not supporting the picketing either. So, you are in no different spot than I am there Nancy.

[FONT=&quot]Mesaba and Colgan’s MECs requested for their pilots NOT to support 9E pilots. That’s huge and it changes things from now on. Even if we get the contract it’s a big deal and it will not be forgotten. It’s one thing to have a low level of support (we expected that) but to specifically request pilots not to support one another is unheard of. These pilot groups are going to have to work side by side and I can assure you they will remember this for a very long time. It’s just wrong.[/FONT]

Latest resources

Back