• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

9e/xj/9l picketing 12/10 mem

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
to get this out there, Mesaba is not the only group that is Aganist the 9E picketing.its also not backed by delta mec, alpa national, XJ, 9L. So nobody can call XJ to the floor on not walking.

Thank you for that, however the spin coming from the higney is different. He is clearly driving a wedge between the pilot groups

There are a bunch of points that need to be discussed. The 3 MEC's have worked and are working together for a JCBA. That is the goal/mission/priority. The Pinnacle side needs/wants/desires a contract. It's not that 60 days is too long, it's not even that 6 years is a reasoning, it's the fact that it is the same scenario whether it's 6 years or 60 days. Deadlines come and go, we meet back up and get some things done (which happened yesterday- interesting timing) and then when we hit the big ticket sections the wall is hit. The company has always used a "Divide and Conquer" type methodology in all this and unfortunately when all the Pinnacle guys have been saying this everyone else said "O no, not us". Well guys- look at the last 6 years, the last 60 days, and you will see history has been repeated. Look at us already! A few days ago we were actually agreeing on things!

The point to keep in mind is that this does NOT mean this JCBA CAN'T get done. On the contrary, the "TA1" was achieved in 2009 at the NMB and was turned down by the group. This JCBA can get done, and if it's done tomorrow that would be awesome! The Pinnacle folks (MEC or line) are NOT trying to send groups out to pasture. If we did why would we be bothered with the "cold shoulder" routine? We all know we are in this together and we want to achieve a deal that secures our future and compensates all of us to a level that is appropriate with the company's success. I am sorry you feel that I am personally trying to drive a wedge between pilots. That is far from my intentions and doesn't even make sense when I am working to get events together where all 3 groups can work together towards a common goal. I have friends at XJ and talk quite regularly to folks at the CJC side in efforts to find any new ideas that can bring this entire process for everyone to a close. I find it to be bothersome that all 3 groups are not working cohesively at the moment. The Pinnacle side is working to apply pressure to get this JCBA done, the other two groups apparently want to "wait". Even Colgan- who is at 2 years I believe and the company walked away from their negotiations right after they got us on Ice. Ironically that was just prior to the Mesaba purchase by Corp. I will admit that I am typing with a good bit of frustration in all of this. Everyone wants things done, but then it's just another problem and tribal council event whenever attempts are made.

Thank you for that, however the spin coming from the higney is different. He is clearly driving a wedge between the pilot groups
Never met Higney, but it was pretty easy to find out who he is. He seems to me to be a bit radical (by ALPA standards) and very outspoken. Both of these things could very well be a benefit. Shake things up a bit, if you will. He may also be a "Great Guy", I don't know. But he DEFINATLY should not be openly posting his own ideology on public forums. It creates a division between the Higney followers and the MEC as a whole. In political terms, this could be called a COUP or Mutiny in the Navy.

If you do trust him, great! If you like him, that's fine too. If your friends with him, you might ask him to refrain from posting ANY personal opinions on a public forum (FI/APC).

Seems to me that everyone is criticizing the lack of participation (support) of the picketing, but I think the real issue that needs to be addressed is the purpose/timing of the picketing. When I first heard of it earlier this week, I was scratching my head on the timing.

I agree with a previous poster... that when the time is appropriate, everyone will be there. But from I've heard, the picketing will proceed even if there is a TA.

Something seems amiss.

Murph is going to end up swinging gear for an XJ furlough that has come to PCL.
I kiiiiiiiiiiid, I kiiiiiiiid. Lighten up murph. Differences aside we are in this together. Hope both MEC's do their best.

Never met Higney, but it was pretty easy to find out who he is. He seems to me to be a bit radical (by ALPA standards) and very outspoken. Both of these things could very well be a benefit. Shake things up a bit, if you will. He may also be a "Great Guy", I don't know. But he DEFINATLY should not be openly posting his own ideology on public forums. It creates a division between the Higney followers and the MEC as a whole. In political terms, this could be called a COUP or Mutiny in the Navy.

If you do trust him, great! If you like him, that's fine too. If your friends with him, you might ask him to refrain from posting ANY personal opinions on a public forum (FI/APC).

I'm sorry you feel this way. I am simply giving my "best effort".

Actually to the contrary...when it comes to this issue the ENTIRE MEC supports him...

Latest resources

Back