• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

9e/xj/9l picketing 12/10 mem

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
hey I'm up for a Us airway and American west style merger I couldn't give two $hits. if people continue down this road that what your going to happen. I wouldn't say pompius even thought things are slow right now.With two more sections getting TA'ed last night and talks Are moving along far be it moving slowly. it's just not the right time to piss big daddy D off and Corp. right now when talks completely break down then it's time to burn the bastard down hell I'll pay for the gas since yallpay sucks . but until talks completely break down it's been six years what's another few days. hell if you really want we can go red book green book like northwest. let's just let laying dogs lay a few more day and after that gloves are off.

Wow! One contract, one list, one voice, and only one picketing?

[FONT=&quot]good times[/FONT]

And management loves it when they don't have to drive a wedge between the pilot groups, just let ALPA take care of that! hahaha!

Everyone knows how long it has taken the 9E pilots.....but this merger of the 3 pilot groups is a different ballgame and the timeline for a contract cannot be viewed from the beginning of 9E pilots original negotiation. This should not be hard to understand. I understand how fed up 9E pilots are with management, but this will not happen overnight. I say stop with the stupid unreasonable deadlines and get it done with. When it's done, show the TA to the pilots to vote on.

I see your point. But 9E pilots have plenty of reasons to be fed up with management, you're new management. They know you're up against. Explain get it done, you make it sound so simple. Anyways, management is loving this divide...

Hey Sven. I mean Seven, can I call you SVEN? Anyways. Whatever happened with your statement that you'd never works for Pinnacle Corp? Just curious... Are you flowing soon?

[FONT=&quot]The picketing is a total waste of time but if they want to push all of this “one voice” mess then they should at least all be in agreement to participate.
[/FONT]

Is Mesaba and Colgan MEC not afraid of the possible repercussions in the future for advising their pilots NOT to support another ALPA group?

I have no idea whats gonna happen at Pinnacle Corp. next year, but lets just say LOA 21 happens or frag policy (which I really dont know much about) takes affect. Whatever it may be, and metal starts moving. If Mesaba and/or Colgan thinks they are getting the shaft and decide to picket, will they expect Pinnacle, Delta, FedEx, United to be there to support?? I am not saying they won't but there is that possibility, isn't there? I heard one of the reasons why the NWA pilots didnt support the mechanic strike, was because the Mechanics told the pilots to pound sand back when they asked for help.

I would normally agree the picketing is a bit of a waste but I do know that when you time it just before Christmas and you get the propper news coverage it has a way a hitting the airline where it hurts the most. Delta isn't going to like the negative publicity. Even though it's informational in nature, as soon as joe public sees pilots marching with signs, they will go out of there way to avoid that airline for fear their flight won't leave. This will have a financial impact on the airline. That serves as an incentive. Will it be a powerful enough of one? Doubtful. Especially if Mesaba and Colgan aren't going to help out.

This whole thing has just convinced me that the Mesaba MEC is still ignorant as to who it is they are negotiating with. The tactic is an old one and it's obvious. They will continue to make progress until the holidays are past then it peters out and the pilots are left standing there holding there wangs with nothing to show for there efforts. 9E management just has to squeek by the holiday travel rush then the pressure is off. I always understood that it's better to learn from others mistakes then to make them yourself. I guess the XJ MEC missed that advice from their parents. They've had 6 years to see the process as it's been applied to 9E and yet they are willing to fall for the same old gag themselves at the first opportunity. Or should I say 2nd or 3rd? I can't remember how many deadlines have passed now. Let the holidays sneak by, lose that ace up your sleeve. Swing and a miss. I thought you guys were supposed to be hot $hi# or something? Maybe just $hi#.

Latest resources

Back