• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

9e/xj/9l picketing 12/10 mem

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
[FONT=&quot]Mesaba and Colgan’s MECs requested for their pilots NOT to support 9E pilots. That’s huge and it changes things from now on. Even if we get the contract it’s a big deal and it will not be forgotten. It’s one thing to have a low level of support (we expected that) but to specifically request pilots not to support one another is unheard of. These pilot groups are going to have to work side by side and I can assure you they will remember this for a very long time. It’s just wrong.[/FONT]
If you or any Pinnacle pilot has a problem with the decision XJ MEC made, take it up with them. Don't be mad or angry at the Mesaba OR Colgan pilot groups, they didn't make the decision, the union leadership did.

If you or any Pinnacle pilot has a problem with the decision XJ MEC made, take it up with them. Don't be mad or angry at the Mesaba OR Colgan pilot groups, they didn't make the decision, the union leadership did.
I understand that and I agree with you. I’m sure they will even have memos printed saying just that. They’ll have to because it will indeed effect how the pilot groups feel about one another. It is what it is. You can’t say, “don’t support your fellow ALPA group” and expect it not to cause problems among the group not being supported.

It’s a bad time to pull something like this and the MEC’s should be ashamed.

Then do the right thing. Show up anyway and support us.

This whole thing is *************************ed up..

If this would've been a blood shed revolution we'd all be *************************ed.

Then do the right thing. Show up anyway and support us.
Who says this is the "right" thing to do? You? I think you're wrong and I disagree personally with the Pinnacle Pilot MEC decision to go against the grain at this point in the negotiations. With that being said, if a Mesaba or Colgan pilot wants to walk in circles with you....it's on them. Just so you know, walking in circles tends to be counter-productive.....especially in this situation.

Is Mesaba and Colgan MEC not afraid of the possible repercussions in the future for advising their pilots NOT to support another ALPA group?

I have no idea whats gonna happen at Pinnacle Corp. next year, but lets just say LOA 21 happens or frag policy (which I really dont know much about) takes affect. Whatever it may be, and metal starts moving. If Mesaba and/or Colgan thinks they are getting the shaft and decide to picket, will they expect Pinnacle, Delta, FedEx, United to be there to support?? I am not saying they won't but there is that possibility, isn't there? I heard one of the reasons why the NWA pilots didnt support the mechanic strike, was because the Mechanics told the pilots to pound sand back when they asked for help.

That's just it...9E didn't ask anything, they simply left the reservation and put out Comm about a picket. 9E ventured out on their own...XJ and 9L decided not to lemming off the cliff with them.

Scolding 9E MEC Email to its Pilots From "leader" S.E.

You guys obviously just don't get it do you. A very strong-worded email to throw gas on an already unstable fire. FYI....brotherhood DOES NOT equal blind support.

The issue is pinnacle's pilot group trying to make decisions for the rest of the pilot groups under the pinnacle holdings umbrella. Not gonna happen!
For the record, they already ruled the LOA unusable and that it's illegal to do any form of staple or ratio integration. The 9E MEC needs to work together and stop the dividing of an already volatile situation.

****SPECIAL EDITION****

12/9/10

• Joint Contract Negotiations

The past two days of contract negotiations have seen forward movement in open issues. On Wednesday, all remaining issues in Section 11 (Training) and Section 24 (Filling of Vacancies) were resolved and the sections were TA'd. On Thursday, succesorship and fragmentation provisions were settled in Section 1 (Scope) and the minor issues remaining in Section 26 (General) were also resolved leaving both of these sections TA'd. A plug-in number for the premium that the union reimburses the company for Union leave was also settled and Section 13 (Leaves of Absence) was closed as well.

The key issues that define pilot contracts have emerged from these negotiations and the JNC will continue to work through the rest of the week to try to find resolution. An update will be released on Friday night with the conclusion of this week's negotiations.

• Memphis Picketing - Reminder

Picketing will be held at the Memphis airport on Friday, December 10th as scheduled.

• Initial staging at airport conference room 2A (near A concourse security checkpoint).
• Picketing begins at 12:30 on the commercial vehicle lane walkway (upper level). If you cannot make the staging just show up on the line.
• Hats are encouraged but not required.

As many of you have probably heard, the Mesaba and Colgan MECs have specifically instructed their pilots to not to join us in our planned picketing event this Friday. While the circumstances each of our pilot groups currently face is vastly different and the inclination to perform picketing right now only lies with your MEC, we were shocked to see the other MECs come out and instruct their pilots to NOT support us. We were not anticipating much involvement from the other MECs for our event but this outward rejection of support is unheard of Union circles and certainly not welcome.

Unity and brotherhood are the tenants of Unionism and the tools we use to persevere in the face of adversity. Apparently, the Mesaba and Colgan MECs only believe in these tenets when they agree with you.

[FONT=&quot]Mesaba and Colgan’s MECs requested for their pilots NOT to support 9E pilots. That’s huge and it changes things from now on. Even if we get the contract it’s a big deal and it will not be forgotten. It’s one thing to have a low level of support (we expected that) but to specifically request pilots not to support one another is unheard of. These pilot groups are going to have to work side by side and I can assure you they will remember this for a very long time. It’s just wrong.[/FONT]

You guys that say this stuff are simply amazing. There has been many good posts on here that explain the process and the fact that these are not section six negotiations anymore, but several people are so blinded by frustration and anger created by the falied attempts during the previous 6 years to even consider any other options. It has only been 69 days, and it is apparent progress is being made, and we are not at an impasse yet. With that said, no one said that we didn't support Pinnacle pilots. We do. What was not supported was picketing at this time. Now when 2 out of three MECs feel that the timing isn't right and the other MEC splits off and does their own thing, couldn't that also be viewed as a lack of support or a lack of working together. This is where the problem started. It's almost like one MEC is trying to coheres by creating an angry mob and that's what we got now. What I don't understand is why does it seem like it's MY WAY OR NOTHING. If the talks stall and everyone feels picketing would be good, I'll be right there with you. Then we'' have some beers afterwards

The truth is that because 2 of 3 MECs don't agree with Scott and his merry band of crybabies then we don't support traditional union behavior? We're making very good progress at the negotiating table but Scott wants us to help stick a finger in management's eye. Now is not the time and he should know better.

Mesaba pilots are beginning to get the picture of why Pinnacle pilots don't have a contract yet. Somebody needs to remove that guy before he does any more damage.

All the Mesaba and Colgan MEC's had to do was say nothing or maintain a neutral position. But instead they took up an aggressive stance against the 9E MEC. For that, they and their supporters will one day pay. Simple! Enjoy your Christmas with no contract and now... no brotherhood. :)

Latest resources

Back